Su Alti Taaruz or S.A.T. (Underwater Assault Teams) are the counterparts of the US Navy Seals.
Their main tasks are:
– Surveillance on enemy structures, facilities, defense systems or strategically relevant buildings.
– Covert sabotage against naval units and/or enemy structures.
– Covert landing and infiltration.
– Reconnaissance on beaches being considered for amphibious landing operations.
– Determining secure landing paths.
– Underwater recon within 2.5 m deep water/beach corridors.
– Direct action during first wave of landing missions.
– Hostage/POW/downed pilot rescue.
– Counter-terrorism missions.
– Close Quarter Combat.
The training period of the Turkish Naval Special Forces, which lasts 49 weeks, is shorter than that of the OKK. It starts off with a 5-week-long Indoctrination period, followed by three consecutive training phases, and then Airborne Training and Special Ops Training.
Training and Duration:
BUD/S: Indoctrination Period – 5 weeks Phase I (Basic conditioning + Hell Week) – 9 weeks
Phase II (Diving) – 8 weeks
Phase III (Land Warfare) – 9 weeks
Airborne Training – 3 weeks
Special Ops Technical Training – 2 weeks
Medical Training – 30 weeks
Platoon Training – 18 months