Surviving the Cut: Green Platoon
FORT CAMPBELL, KY – Discovery Channel’s series ‘Surviving the Cut’ follows a class through the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment’s Enlisted Green Platoon.
The episode premieres at 9 p.m. CST (10 p.m. EST) on the Discovery Channel Friday, Aug. 19,
This is an unprecedented glimpse of initial training that every enlisted Night Stalker must successfully complete before moving on to his or her job at Fort Campbell, Ky., Hunter Army Airfield, Ga., or Joint-Base Lewis McChord, Wash.
A preview and complete episode airing schedule are available online: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/surviving-the-cut/episode-guide/
- Every Night Stalker must complete Green Platoon for service in the 160th.
- One in five Soldiers will not complete Enlisted Green Platoon.
- Enlisted Green Platoon lasts six weeks.
- Enlisted Green Platoon tests Soldiers physically and mentally, from combatives and advanced weapons drills to the infamous ‘Black Day’ event.
- Green Platoon is run by the 160th's Special Operations Aviation Training Battalion at Fort Campbell, Ky.