Su Alti Taaruz (SAT)
Su Alti Taaruz or S.A.T. (Underwater Assault Teams) are the counterparts of the US Navy Seals.
Their main tasks are:
- Surveillance on enemy structures, facilities, defense systems or strategically relevant buildings.
- Covert sabotage against naval units and/or enemy structures.
- Covert landing and infiltration.
- Reconnaissance on beaches being considered for amphibious landing operations.
- Determining secure landing paths.
- Underwater recon within 2.5 m deep water/beach corridors.
- Direct action during first wave of landing missions.
- Hostage/POW/downed pilot rescue.
- Counter-terrorism missions.
- Close Quarter Combat.
The training period of the Turkish Naval Special Forces, which lasts 49 weeks, is shorter than that of the OKK. It starts off with a 5-week-long Indoctrination period, followed by three consecutive training phases, and then Airborne Training and Special Ops Training.
Training and Duration:
BUD/S: Indoctrination Period - 5 weeks Phase I (Basic conditioning + Hell Week) - 9 weeks
Phase II (Diving) - 8 weeks
Phase III (Land Warfare) - 9 weeks
Airborne Training - 3 weeks
Special Ops Technical Training - 2 weeks
Medical Training - 30 weeks
Platoon Training - 18 months