PSYOP? No such thing.

Discussion in 'Psyop' started by Swill, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Swill

Swill Intelligence Verified SOF Support

2. QC

QC 1 CDO Verified SOF

Repositioning the brand in a competitive marketplace. :rolleyes::doh:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rapid

Rapid UKSOF Verified SOF

PSYOP was a good name...

4. infinate719

infinate719 Unverified

Probably some General...It seems they need to make a change everyone notices these days.

5. Scotth

Scotth Member

The comment that made me LOL the hardest today. Thanks

6. Scotth

Scotth Member

Can't wait to see how many privates are pranked into bringing broken computers over to these guys.

7. FNULNU

FNULNU Cupcake Verified SOF

MIS... hahaha.

8. SOWT

SOWT SOWT Verified SOF

MIST has been used as an acronym in South/Latin America for years. Nothing new here.

9. 7point62

7point62 Guest

PSYOP sounds too aggressive, like "we are going to manipulate your psyche..." Military Information Support, on the other hand, sounds so benign you almost fall asleep saying it. After all, we wouldn't want to offend anybody, especially in the Overseas Contingency Operation. :doh:

10. Voodoo

Voodoo Verified Squid Verified Military

It sounds Gay.....but maybe thats what the want you to think.....hmmmm?

11. Headshot

Headshot Banned

A rose by any other name...

12. LongTabSigO

LongTabSigO Verified SOF

Now maybe we can have the serious conversation on whether or not "Psyop" is even SOF at all.

Fact is, any organization that can't influence its own service about its role and who they are does not project confidence that it can do the same with America's enemies. Just sayin'...

13. car

car Old NCO (Ret) Rest In Peace

There was word early on in the war that PSYOP was leaving the SOF community, but that kinda died on the vine. Guess they worked a campaign on the community. }:-)

14. psyopwilddog

psyopwilddog PSYOP Verified SOF

I was a Psyop soldier for years, I didn't have a problem with stating I was with a Psyop unit. I would definately not be proud to say I was with a "Military Information Support", Might as well say I'm an end, guard tackle with that one. I was with a tactical unit and proud of what I did. Psyop definately doesn't sound too agressive in my humble opinion, if it does to you I say educate yourself before making an assumption on what we do and who we are. Just like the people who watched the movie "The Generals Daughter", everyone all the sudden that didn't know what we do thought we were a bunch of brain washing freaks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ravage

Ravage running up that hill Member

We all still love You [​IMG]

16. madness unseen

madness unseen just another lackie.. Verified Military

This is kinda like the decision to change UAV to Remote Controlled (something) ... I still call them unmanned aeral vehicles.