FORT BRAGG, NC – Five Army Special Operations Soldiers are among a select group of Soldiers who will be paired with more than 90 of the nation’s top high school football players at the upcoming U.S. Army All-American Bowl, Jan. 7, 2012, in San Antonio, Texas.
The five USASOC Soldiers are:
- Master Sgt. Adam Mascolino – 4th MISG (Airborne) (bio)
- Sgt. 1st Class Steve V. Kimsey II – 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne) (bio)
- Sgt. 1st Class Robert Castañeda III – 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) (bio)
- Staff Sgt. David R. Hutchings – 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) (bio)
- Staff Sgt. Dylan J. Maynard – 75th Ranger Regiment (bio)
The All American Bowl, one of the nation’s premiere high school athletic events, features a week of activities. Soldiers participate in a multitude of All American Bowl game-week activities such as a welcome barbecue, a player/Soldier skill contest, and an awards dinner before the game.