Ending my first career after this contract finishes.

Aimlessfakedrifter

Unverified
Just an update. Working hours away from home still training regularly. Lots of running and weights. Helping friends on their homes at the moment on the weekend and eating right. “Living it up” a little too much.

In January I’ll be done working in construction; as I know to successful you have to be obsessed, and consistent. I’ll be more active on this forum as I look for mentoring, and other forums for all the above.

Thank you all for your time in putting together an amazing website.

Wish you all well. -JH

You still trying for SEAL? How much time do you have left till you ship out with HM?

You could probably post all your updates in one thread so that we don’t have to look up your old threads.

Last edited:
You took the Physical Screening Test(PST) and got SARC? Or did they just hand you a contract?

SARC wasn’t an option when I joined. You had to go Corpsman and pray they gave you a chance to PST later.

You get a contract at meps. then at A school week six you get picked for a pipeline based on grades attitude and PST scores.

The HM-ATF will place you in SARC, DMT, or SAR.

After a 15minuet chat with the master chief he said pst look for swim9:50,push80,curl86,pull19,run9:45
“These aren’t the minimum requirement to get into the sarc but the people that have had these numbers have shown a higher success rate in the pipeline.”

So you go through the HM A school and THEN you pst and hope you get picked up? That doesn’t sound good at all. You are going to get out of shape in boot camp in a regular rifle division. (The Special programs get out into 800 divisions that give you way more workout time and less sleep) Then you are going to go to a strenuous A school for 6 weeks and you won’t have time to work out.

You better be shit hot BEFORE you leave, because you will lose it after 3 months of not being able to work out as much as you need to. I guarantee you that you will not be in better shape by the time you take that PST.

Does this mean that the HM-ATF contract is a general contract for SARC,DMT, OR SAR or did you pick a specialty? I going for SARC aswell and this is interesting news.

I’ll give him a hoot this Tuesday, and be able to reply with more of an idea.

“... delayed entry time prior to boot camp, and follow on training at corpsman A school following... (Pst scores)”

I do recall him talking about more water training at A school

“... these are the current requirements upon arrival at corpsman A school. At week 6 of corpsman a school, you will be selected to your pipeline...”

I’ll read over the material he sent me on the sarc pipeline again and make sure I didn’t miss something you’re asking about.

But the goal is to be absolute shit hot before boot.

Does this mean that the HM-ATF contract is a general contract for SARC,DMT, OR SAR or did you pick a specialty? I going for SARC aswell and this is interesting news.

Google

https://reconcorpsman.com/

Contact information is on the link ask your questions.

So you go through the HM A school and THEN you pst and hope you get picked up? That doesn’t sound good at all. You are going to get out of shape in boot camp in a regular rifle division. (The Special programs get out into 800 divisions that give you way more workout time and less sleep) Then you are going to go to a strenuous A school for 6 weeks and you won’t have time to work out.

You better be shit hot BEFORE you leave, because you will lose it after 3 months of not being able to work out as much as you need to. I guarantee you that you will not be in better shape by the time you take that PST.
It’s a 800 division

This is something new, That’s awesome. Did you have to PST to get that contract?

800 division will give you a lot of good workouts, but it is still not enough. Also, the conditions that you will be in tend to injure people. So the better prepared you are, the less likely you will fall prey to injury.

Last edited:
Back