NZSAS- Aotearoa based Mentor

Hello,

This may not be the right place, but I am looking for a mentor in my journey to enter the New Zealand SAS via the Civilian Direct Entry Program. I am American, and 27 years old from Maryland. Coming out of high school I was set on becoming a SWCC and was diagnosed with Glaucoma at 18 which was an automatic DQ because it is chronic. Years later I ended up in New Zealand, got my eyes checked, and they said they did not see anything. I immediately started training again. I told my girlfriend at the time, that I was leaving and 3 months later found out she was pregnant. I decided to stay here to raise my son.

I am now working to mentally and physically harden and prepare myself for the 10x day selection and career path to come.

Now to run some hills,
WatchOutForTheQuiet1

A couple quick questions:

Are you a legal permanent resident of NZ?

Is your background history in the USA simple, clean, and drama free?

Have you spoken to anyone at NZDF recruiting who has confirmed your eligibility for direct entry?

Hello,

I have residency, but not permanent residency. I am eligible in January for P.R and should have no problem obtaining it. NZ immigration pushed me off work visas towards residency because I have been here so long.

My background is clean. Nothing with school, police, drugs etc. I have always resided in the states before moving to NZ.

I have spoken with the NZDF, once I have permanent residency I am eligible.

Thanks

Where are you living, roughly? Not military but would be happy to help you with timings and logistics and things if you're in my area.

Hello,

I have residency, but not permanent residency. I am eligible in January for P.R and should have no problem obtaining it. NZ immigration pushed me off work visas towards residency because I have been here so long.

My background is clean. Nothing with school, police, drugs etc. I have always resided in the states before moving to NZ.

I have spoken with the NZDF, once I have permanent residency I am eligible.

Thanks

PM with a means to contact you offline.

Back