Question about Recon prep books

NatureNinja22

Unverified
Does anyone have experience with recon prep books? If so, do you feel as if the book you bought help you physically prepare for BRC or BRPC? I am thinking of buying Nick Koumalatsos' Recon Prep book, but it is quite pricey. I'm basically just trying to figure out if buying a prep book is worth it, or if I'm better off figuring out my own prep program. Thank you.

Does anyone have experience with recon prep books? If so, do you feel as if the book you bought help you physically prepare for BRC or BRPC? I am thinking of buying Nick Koumalatsos' Recon Prep book, but it is quite pricey. I'm basically just trying to figure out if buying a prep book is worth it, or if I'm better off figuring out my own prep program. Thank you.

I would strongly recommend not doing your own prep unless you fully understand the requirements and have a strong background in strength/conditioning coaching. If you want to know more about our Recon Prep Program get in touch with me on Facebook or IG. If not, no worries and I wish you the best of luck with your training. Just remember to train smart and don't neglect recovery.

-Nick

I would strongly recommend not doing your own prep unless you fully understand the requirements and have a strong background in strength/conditioning coaching. If you want to know more about our Recon Prep Program get in touch with me on Facebook or IG. If not, no worries and I wish you the best of luck with your training. Just remember to train smart and don't neglect recovery.

-Nick
Hey Nick -

We just received your vetting docs and are reviewing now. Out of respect to the process, please go easy on giving SOF advice until we update your account with the Green Tag.

Thanks much!

To add -

Per site rules, please post an intro before continuing to post within other threads.

Last edited:

-Nick
Thanks for the input, Nick. I'll reach out to you over there.

I haven’t seen Nick’s guide so I can’t comment on that.

Have you enlisted yet? Boot camp is physically arduous and will break you down in more ways than one. I don’t know if 0321 contracts go straight to BRC from SOI in the reserves or not. Boot camp will obviously affect your physical conditioning. That being said, lots of Marines go straight from boot camp to BRPC and graduate BRC. It’s easy to be a Recon Marine; all it takes is two balls, one heart, and half a brain.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen Nick’s guide so I can’t comment on that.

Have you enlisted yet? Boot camp is physically arduous and will break you down in more ways than one. I don’t know if 0321 contracts go straight to BRC from SOI in the reserves or not. Boot camp will obviously affect your physical conditioning. That being said, lots of Marines go straight from boot camp to BRPC and graduate BRC. It’s easy to be a Recon Marine; all it takes is two balls, one heart, and half a brain.
I suppose two balls are no longer required anymore.

Back