Situational Advice Welcomed!

Remani

Verified Military
Afternoon, gents!

I'm currently still pending vetting/verification for my account, so I apologize if this seems like a hasty post but I am scheduled to leave to begin my 18X pipeline in just over 2 weeks and I made the assumption that I should just get the ball rolling on this topic as I've only just discovered this site as of last night.

Because I know not everyone reads introductions or bios, I'm a prior-service Marine who has been out of Active Duty for almost exactly 2 years now but I've thankfully managed to stay in somewhat excellent shape since then - particularly as of 3 months ago when I decided enough was enough and I put down the beers and picked up the weights (and my old ruck, for good measure).

Due to the fact that I'm a prior-service Marine, the recruiters all told me I could skip Basic and begin at the Army's infantry training phase. Actually, it was more like "Really? You want to do a boot camp all over again?" I think I felt a sense of pride in the fact that I didn't want to take any shortcuts just because of past experiences and I knew it might give me some extra time to refresh myself on military standards and the like.

With that being said, this has become something I felt like I might need some situational advice on from anyone who has followed a similar pipeline or knows of the routine each phase has to offer. I'm going through each course and phase of training one after the other - Basic, ITB, OSUT, etc etc.. In anyone's recent experiences, what are my expected chances of having opportunities to do personal workouts while I'm going through each of these phases? And to add to that, what are recommendations from anyone based on my projected schedule to maintain peak physical/mental preparedness?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm definitely looking forward to some feedback either way!

I wanted to add here that I've also been doing GORUCK Toughs a handful of times for the last few years now. I'm not going to try and assume to correlation between the methods used in SFAS and of those used in a GRT event, but is it safe to assume that if I'm fairly comfortable in a GRT event (as comfortable as someone can be during one of those damn things) that it should be an easier adjustment for me once I reach A&S?

Thanks again, gents!

MOD hat on: Vetting requires the application include documentation showing active duty time. Orders to a training program, or school you are being sent to, is an event that has not happened yet. You can not be vetted now for something that has yet to take place.

MOD hat on: Vetting requires the application include documentation showing active duty time. Orders to a training program, or school you are being sent to, is an event that has not happened yet. You can not be vetted now for something that has yet to take place.

Updated the request.

Back