Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

I don't plan on seeing it. But here's the filmmaker's map of the various factions in the movie:

View attachment 44487

Blue: Loyalists
Yellow: Western Forces
Burgundy: Florida Alliance
Green: New People's Army

Texas and California allies? That's a reach.

Outside of fucking Philly, Pittsburgh and York/Harrisburg, we ain't fucking loyalists. Lol

Who is that?
(Googles)
Well, helllloooooo dere, Ms. Gonzalez!

I wouldn't leave my wife for her, but I'd probably spend a mint on Tiffany.com when that story broke.
I don't know...she makes me all warm and tingly inside. :ROFLMAO:

I really enjoyed the civil war movie maybe it’s because I have read or seen so many 2nd civil war related stuff that it was refreshing to see more of the effect than the cause of the war

@Devildoc
@policemedic

Maria and I watched Asphalt City last night.

Technical advisers did pretty good job for movie. Pt. interactions with EMS were realistic and funny.

Movie kind of slow though. Ending left you wondering though, I felt as if the rookie medic found his way in a busy, shit system, that's my take away, Maria was not fond of ending.

@Devildoc
@policemedic

Maria and I watched Asphalt City last night.

Technical advisers did pretty good job for movie. Pt. interactions with EMS were realistic and funny.

Movie kind of slow though. Ending left you wondering though, I felt as if the rookie medic found his way in a busy, shit system, that's my take away, Maria was not fond of ending.

Thanks for the review. Did you stream it?

Napoleon directed by Ridley Scott

The movie stars some brooding guy with autism and my future ex-wife, Vanessa Kirby, as Napoleon and Josephine respectively.

Vanessa Kirby is hot. Oh, movie review...

If you're looking for historical accuracy, this isn't that movie. Timelines, battles, and events all play fast and loose with the facts, especially the timeline. That said, the movie does a great job of capturing Nappie and Jo-Jo's convoluted relationship. In one of their first meetings she spreads her legs and in so many words tells him her pussy's in charge. So, not all of the movie is fiction. Art doth imitate life, amirite?

Scott does a great job with the story, however fast and loose it plays with the facts. The casting is very good, the uniforms and costumes are amazing, and the action sequences are stunning. The end felt rushed though, as if Scott and his editors watched the Chapelle show and remembered the movie was clocking in around the 2 1/2 hour mark and they needed to wrap it up.

The brooding dude with autism was a bit too brooding and he spent most of the movie sulking around like some little goth bitch cosplaying as a Peruvian admiral. Some details shine through such as his knowledge of artillery and micromanagement of the same.

Also, Vanessa Kirby is hot. I'd let her queef out chickpeas so I could make some special hummus. Don't ask where the bread's coming from.

The movie is also a bit dark and without color which might be due to my obtained..."copy." That plus Brooding Johnny Cash's mostly wooden performance can't overcome the good things.

6.5/7 out of 10 exploding horses

Back