Tour of BUD/S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockNload

Unverified
I haven't been logging on here much lately and am not not sure who we currently have on the board that's part of NSW or at least has connections. I'll be in San Diego at the end of March for my sister's wedding and would love a special access tour of the SEAL base if that could be arranged. Either PM me or respond in the thread if you have any info or would be able to help facilitate this. Thanks.

By SEAL base, do you mean NAB Coronado? If you're AD military, you can just show your ID and drive right on.

Yes, I meant NAB Coronado. I'm not military and was hoping to actually have someone in NSW show me around behind the scenes.

Yes, I meant NAB Coronado. I'm not military and was hoping to actually have someone in NSW show me around behind the scenes.

I'm absolutely not trying to be a dick here, but why would you think someone would take time out of their busy day to play tour guide for some random guy?

On a side note, there is one sure fire way to get a tour of the SEAL compound....

I've heard of it being done before and had talked to SEALs years ago who had said if I was ever in town and wanted to check it out to let them know---not in contact with them anymore. I think there had even been guys on here before that had said that. I know there are link ups with people on the site and I just wanted to throw it out there and see if it was possible as I've always wanted to check it out.

A search of the site shows that you have inquired about damn near every SOF unit out there, starting in 2007. So what's the deal? You gonna ruck up and join the fray, or just try and get tours of all the cool kids houses?

I didn't log back on here to argue with anyone--if someone can help me out then let me know. If not, no need to respond here.

I didn't log back on here to argue with anyone--if someone can help me out then let me know. If not, no need to respond here.
No one is arguing with you. It's a valid query. You've been on here for years making all kinds of posts about this unit and that unit, and you have nothing to show for all your research. So maybe you can understand why people aren't bending over backwards to continue answering questions and trying to hook you up with tours. Or maybe not.

As to the original post, no you aren't going to get a tour of BUD/S from any member here. We only have a few SEALs as members and they aren't going to go out on a limb for some dude on the internet.

I see that logging on this site again was a mistake. There are people here I've corresponded with over the years and some people know more of my story and background but I don't need to share anything with anyone right now. I'm not a random lurker and have been on this site off and on for 7 years and was told by a long time member here that I was a member in good standing and thought of highly a few years ago so didn't think me asking this was that unrealistic.

Alright, let's end this here before it gets out of hand. @lockNload you are in fact a member in good standing, although I hope you understand the hesitation for favors in light of your lack of participation on the forum. Regardless of that, it is unlikely that you would get a tour of the NSW facility. It does happen, but usually for friends and family of the guys that work there. I brought my younger brother on to the Ranger compound years ago and showed him around the arms room and all that stuff, but there is no way I would have done that for anyone outside of immediate family or a very close friend. Most bases allow you on with nothing more than valid photo identification and current insurance/registration for your vehicle, so you would more than likely be able to show yourself around the base on a driving tour, although I'm sure they have the NSW compound gated off (never been there personally). With all that being said, I'm going to lock this thread so as to prevent things taking a turn for the nasty.

Mod hat off, senior member hat and pissed off former NCO hat on.... this is a personal response to your posts, not a moderation of the thread:

I haven't been logging on here much lately and am not not sure who we currently have on the board that's part of NSW or at least has connections. I'll be in San Diego at the end of March for my sister's wedding and would love a special access tour of the SEAL base if that could be arranged. Either PM me or respond in the thread if you have any info or would be able to help facilitate this. Thanks.

Why should anyone here bend over backwards to make things work your way, on your time frame, with nothing but a "Hey, I'm back gimme a tour of SEAL training, because I want to go - Oh yeah, I don't know who has the access to get me access so do my work for me... strike one

Why, because you're special?

I've heard of it being done before and had talked to SEALs years ago who had said if I was ever in town and wanted to check it out to let them know---not in contact with them anymore. I think there had even been guys on here before that had said that. I know there are link ups with people on the site and I just wanted to throw it out there and see if it was possible as I've always wanted to check it out.

Yes, we do have link ups, no secret - but it is with people we trust and have made plans with and scheduled and actually made the time to know - not a random sometime member demanding special access to NSW training because he'll be in town.

Apparently you did... because you asked for favors and weren't even polite nor politic nor humble about it.

I see that logging on this site again was a mistake. There are people here I've corresponded with over the years and some people know more of my story and background but I don't need to share anything with anyone right now. I'm not a random lurker and have been on this site off and on for 7 years and was told by a long time member here that I was a member in good standing and thought of highly a few years ago so didn't think me asking this was that unrealistic.

Actually, yes you do need to share if you want a favor. On and Off ... random, you average 1.56 posts per month, and when clustered by activity, you come on, make 10 posts and poof! you're gone for months or more at a time. One comment made a few years ago is your complete justification? Are you friggin psychotic? You have not been an active posting member for over 6 months... and you have unmitigated gall to demand a favor and then get butt hurt when you are questioned by an active member who, if you had been humble and up front, might have made a call to a friend of a friend who may have done something to help? No, instead you justify your selfish, petty attitude with past possible praise and an attitude that, "I should get what I want, because I'm special, Marauder told me that once in passing and I am going to try to use it." Dude, here is a clue.... the people we meet up with we foster every day, go out of 0ur way for, and call and talk to... we don't log on occasionally, post less, get a single positive for a single post and then expect the board members in general to hand us the keys to their domains... it does not fucking work that way.

And just how was I a dick? That's a ridiculous assertion to make.

Um, see all of the above, and try and figure it out there Sherlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back