UK Hiring recuiting more armed police.

They need to work on training their existing officers to have a different mindset. They have been operating the way they have for decades. Their officers have been indoctrinated into that way of thinking and it will take time to get them thinking "differently." That may answer as to why they want "new" LEO's. Start them thinking differently from the beginning.

They need to work on training their existing officers to have a different mindset. They have been operating the way they have for decades. Their officers have been indoctrinated into that way of thinking and it will take time to get them thinking "differently." That may answer as to why they want "new" LEO's. Start them thinking differently from the beginning.

Or it's just an expansion. Whatever works for you.

It's pretty naff for London but I'd like to think the OT rates will help make up the shortfall.

Police in the UK are paid a standard salary regardless of which force they are serving with. The exception is the Met in London; they get an extra £6K due to cost of living. Dunno how that applies to the MOD beause that's a bit different. I do know if you're out in more rural areas a PC can live comfortably.

this is for MoD Police which are all armed and are hired to guard a number of sensitive areas including, UK Nuclear Weapons, Intelligence Offices(MI5 and MI6), Foreign Airforce Bases and ammo dumps and a few other things. They are not regular police. I don't know if there is currently a policy to increase the number of firearm police. What i found more shocking was that not all police are armed with tasers, which i believe they should be.

Regular police are paid more at £27,015

Ministry of Defence
British Armed Response Units

Back