• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Advice on 4th Recon BN for Retread.

qss6387

USMC
Verified Military
Short story: I EAS'd as a Sergeant in 2009 after serving with 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Bn, C Co. I have 2 pumps to Iraq as an 0313 under my belt (first pump as an LAV-25 gunner, second as a vehicle commander). I finished my Bachelor degree in 2016, and have been running my families ranch in West Texas for several years. I miss the Corps and want to get back into the fight. I want to stay in the reconnaissance community and go the 0321 route. Im 30, in good shape physically and mentally.

As far as 4th Recon goes, C CO out of San Antonio is the closest company, then Albuquerque, NM.

Here are my questions:

1) Do the Reserve Recon Companies each focus on something in particular (jump, dive, etc...) depending on their geographic location and assets, or are they all uniform in their training?

2) Can a reserve 0321 eventually put in for the MARSOC screening?

3) Are any Recon BNs or companies still deploying right now?

I need to make an educated game plan before I initiate any contact with the recruiter.

I appreciate all the help.

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
All companies are slightly different but more alike than not.

I don’t know what options reservists have to go AD MARSOC. It is the same as any other reserve unit. I’m sure it helps to have additional qualifications.

I think the reserve recon companies are conducting deployments to Africa and South America. They were two years ago anyway.