Anti-bacterial drinking straw things

fox1371

Exitiabilis
Verified Military
Never heard of these. That looks like a pretty good thing to have though.

Those African kids look THRILLED about their gifts...

JohnnyBoyUSMC

Click, click, boom.
Verified Military
I'd be a bit skeptical of a product like that. Granted I'm sure it does a good job at removing a good bit of bacteria in water, but like anything you get what you pay for. Those things could be good for like 5 gallons before needing replacement I dunno. I'm happy with the water filtration system I got that fits into the bug out bag and is good for 10,000 gallons.

JohnnyBoyUSMC

Click, click, boom.
Verified Military

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
That's an interesting product, cheers for the link. Does it need regular maintenance?

pardus

Verified Military
That's really interesting, thanks. I knew about iodine being plonked into water but I didn't realise it was so versatile.
Anytime mate.

Whats more interesting to me is common household bleach, which is a very cheap and very effective way of sterilizer of water.

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military
The Pocket Micro is nice; I have one. But it does take forever to fill a water bladder with one. Very portable and ruggedly made.

For a disaster scenario that doesn't involve mobility and where you want a far greater rate of production of potable water, check out the Stainless Berkey line of water filters.

DoctorDoom

Size: Extra Asian
Verified Military
$35 bucks for 1000L, and it does filter out viruses and parasites also. Lifestraw is not a bad option for individual use. They make a family version also that's good for 15000- 18000L.