Any Bourbon people here?

TH15

I agree, I'm more of a scotch guy. Lagavulin, Laphroaig, and Ardbeg are my go-to drams. The Balvenie Caribbean Cask is also amazing. For bourbon I like the Eagle Rare 10 Year and anything by Knob Creek.

racing_kitty

Sister Mary Hellfire
Verified Military
I like Laphroaig, Caol Isla, Oban, and Edradour (especially the port wood cask). I'll have to give that Balvenie a try sometime.

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
Not much for bourbon myself. Like a good rum and whisky though. Very partial to a glass of good cognac too.

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
I cringed reading Jack Daniels. Had a bad night once upon time with a bottle of Jack haven't and won't touch that stuff again.

I'm primarily a vodka drinker when I do drink liquor, but did enjoy a glass of Makers Mark for "sipping" events a few times.

Last edited:

SpongeBob*24

Verified Military
I love Bourbon, Scotch and anything else pushing 40 or higher.

What are some good rare Bourbons you recommend.....?

Mila and Jim Beam make me so happy!!!!!

:thumbsup::ninja:O_o

x SF med

the Troll
Not far from the south of Canada, 'Murica!
SSMP
SOF Mentor
What are some good rare Bourbons you recommend.....?
Pappy Van Winkle, Blanton's, Willie's Distillery Small Batch Bourbon (hard to find outside of SW Montana, RGR/SF guy started and owns it), OOLA Bourbon, Elijah Craig, Bookers, Bulleit, Hudson, Weller, Buffalo Trace.... there are a lot of really good Bourbons out there.

DocIllinois

Verified Military
Bourbon is ok for nights with the boys when the Molson runs out.

I've always preferred Scottish whisky and, with a wife who grew up on a distillery in Speyside, have tried 'em all.

Macallan is best overall.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Try some Bushmills Irish Whiskey some day. http://www.bushmills.com/.
Having done an intensive comparison between Jameson and Bushmills or Jameson Black Barrel Reserve and Bushmills Black Bush:
1. Bushmills is 2 for 2.
2. "Black Bush" is an awesome name compared to "Black Barrel Reserve"

Bushmills Irish Honey is okay, but not my favorite. I use Jameson for Irish Coffee or to mix with Bailey's but sip Bushmills. The down side to Bushmills is Jameson outsells it by a billion to one so finding it in a store or restaurant is harder than Jameson's.

Dame

Probably no surprise here, I like my Canadian whiskey; Crown Royal.

(So, maybe all its songs do sound the same. I happen to like that tune. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:)

Mindbender

Verified SOF
Pappy Van Winkle, Blanton's, Willie's Distillery Small Batch Bourbon (hard to find outside of SW Montana, RGR/SF guy started and owns it), OOLA Bourbon, Elijah Craig, Bookers, Bulleit, Hudson, Weller, Buffalo Trace.... there are a lot of really good Bourbons out there.
Pappy is really overrated, but I love Blanton's. If you can find it, Elmer T Lee is my absolute favorite drinking bourbon.