Any Bourbon people here?

Topkick

Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
Ive been making a conscious effort to try something new every chance I get. Just to see whats out there.
I've always pretty much stuck to Maker's and actually still enjoy good ole Jack Daniels. Bourbon is my drink of choice and I like to try different brands. I usually stick with what works without paying a lot. Looking to try some Blanton's soon, though.

Stretcher Jockey

Verified Military
@Topkick I've seen Blanton's mentioned on here a few times and if I see it while out and about I plan on grabbing some. If Im not mistaken, thats the bourbon that has 12 or so collectible corks right? Or is that something else?

Ooh-Rah

Marine
@Topkick I've seen Blanton's mentioned on here a few times and if I see it while out and about I plan on grabbing some. If Im not mistaken, thats the bourbon that has 12 or so collectible corks right? Or is that something else?
Correct. It is typically hard to find, at least in the Midwest. As an aside, there are 8 separate corks.
Blantons is made by Buffalo Trace; which is an incredibly underrated bourbon in my opinion.

Stretcher Jockey

Verified Military
Well you have definitely peaked my interest. I'm now spending my night looking around to see if I can find anywhere in the South that has it. Although, Kentucky really isn't too far of a drive from here...

@Ooh-Rah how many of those corks have you accumulated?

BloodStripe

Marine
SOF Support
SSMP
Military Mentor
My favorite
Correct. It is typically hard to find, at least in the Midwest. As an aside, there are 8 separate corks.
Blantons is made by Buffalo Trace; which is an incredibly underrated bourbon in my opinion.
I'm not sure it's underrated as it never sits on shelves for very long. You basically have to know the store owner or the delivery dates to be able to pick up a bottle anymore.

Ooh-Rah

Marine
My favorite

I'm not sure it's underrated as it never sits on shelves for very long. You basically have to know the store owner or the delivery dates to be able to pick up a bottle anymore.
Re: Buffalo Trace. Interesting what’s available in different regions the county. I can find Buffalo Trace for under $30 any time at most local liquor stores.

BloodStripe

Marine
SOF Support
SSMP
Military Mentor
That's actually why I thought you were referencing it.

We had a white elephant at work yesterday. I brought a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 year, but purposely did a crappy wrapping job. Turned out to be by far the best gift anyone brought.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
My FIL likes Buffalo Trace, not my favorite, but I'd rate it in the Bulleit/Knob Creek Category at its price point, good for mixing and decent on it's own. Whereas regular Jim Beam is a mixer for me.

x SF med

the Troll
Not far from the south of Canada, 'Murica!
SSMP
SOF Mentor
LOL
You know my thoughts on Blantons!
We've got a local that I believe is better than Blanton's, and the distiller is a friggin Ranger and 18D that grew up moonshining... even more better.

Get out here and we'll take you to the bourbon basket itself... ask @Ranger Psych if it's worth the trip...

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
We've got a local that I believe is better than Blanton's, and the distiller is a friggin Ranger and 18D that grew up moonshining... even more better.

Get out here and we'll take you to the bourbon basket itself... ask @Ranger Psych if it's worth the trip...
This recommendation alone has me sold. How do we ship to FL in February?

Tinman6

Bio Defense
Verified Military
I lived beside Bernheim forest in Kentucky. You could throw a rock and hit the Beam distillery. I liked it when Booker Noe would get a hair across his ass and come up with something new. So most any premium beam product. I am slowly working on a bottle of 1792 I bought the other day. I should have stuck with the Woodford reserve. The 1792 is not all that smooth.

Blizzard

Not necessarily a bourbon drinker but if I were in Vegas tomorrow night, I'd probably be compelled to throw down some coin for this:

Last edited: