Any Bourbon people here?

Topkick

Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
I finally tried some Blantons. A guy I work with, a veteran himself, let me barrow his bottle because he doesn't drink very often.
I liked it, but I stand by Maker's Mark for the price. I drink bourbon too often too pay the difference.;-) But I appreciate a brother sharing his bottle.

Ooh-Rah

Marine
I finally tried some Blantons. A guy I work with, a veteran himself, let me barrow his bottle because he doesn't drink very often.
I liked it, but I stand by Maker's Mark for the price. I drink bourbon too often too pay the difference.;-) But I appreciate a brother sharing his bottle.
See if you can find Buffalo Trace. They make Blanton.

At $22/bottle in MN, one of the most underrated bourbons out there.

Topkick

Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
Summoning up my best Seinfeld impression: “What is the deal with peach Crown Royal?”
Haven't tried it. I don't get flavored bourbon or whiskey but peach may be a good touch. I like Jim Beam but don't care for the apple or vanilla stuff.

Isnt it about time for a pumpkin spice
bourbon ? 😕

Last edited:

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
I had to fly to Australia to get Blanton's. The Duty Free store in LAX had like 8 bottles. None of the shops I frequent seem to have Blanton's in stock more than an hour or so.

Tinman6

Bio Defense
Verified Military
If I am not mistaken. I belief the little honey hole. That I found in southern Missouri. Had copious amounts of quite a few of the aforementioned brands listed above. It is where I found that small 375ml bottle of Bond & Lillard bourbon for $49.95. Indescribably delicious nectar from Kentucky!

Last edited:

Box

Verified SOF
Buffalo Trace is one of the best kept bourbon secrets. I have bounced around over the years and it has become my go-to recently. I get it at the Class-6 on post for 25 bucks. Buffalo Trace does have a hint of sweetness - but I love it - and for the same price as Beam, Jack, etc...

Never had Blantons - but it sounds like a good time.

Polar Bear

They call me Mr Sunshine
Administrator
I had to fly to Australia to get Blanton's. The Duty Free store in LAX had like 8 bottles. None of the shops I frequent seem to have Blanton's in stock more than an hour or so.
I truly believe they are cutting back production. I live in KY and it is hard to get

army mom

Banned
If I am not mistaken. I belief the little honey hole. That I found in southern Missouri. Had copious amounts of quite a few of the aforementioned brands listed above. It is where I found that small 375ml bottle of Bond & Lillard bourbon for $49.95. Indescribably delicious nectar from Kentucky!
How does it rate to Buffalo Trace it is one my husband & I want to try?

Box

Verified SOF
Try it... whats the danger?

Gotta try it once just to see !!

army mom

Banned
If you can find Bond & Lillard. You will be pleasantly surprised at it maturity of flavor. That is hard for me to articulate. YES! Your husband will like it👍
Must ask the small store in our town if they can get it. Hubby likes to watch some kind of tasting show when I see he has it on like to sit and watch with him. When I was young Bourbon was my drink of choice .