Anyone doing any Climbing these days? (Climbing thread!)

Tommy_Z

Verified Military
I'm curious if anyone did any sort of Mountaineering or Rock & Ice climbing course using their GI Bill. I graduate with my Applied Math degree in the spring, but I'll still have some GI Bill left over. I was thinking of doing a course through the International Wilderness Leadership School. Hell, they offer a semester long course (80 days) in Patagonia covering Mountaineering, Sea Kayaking, and Backpacking.

40 day mountaineering course in Nepal? 24 day mountaineering and sea kayaking course in Alaska? Wilderness EMT certs?

http://iwls.com/registration/financial-aid

Just seeing what I can blow the rest of my GI Bill money on. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations!

RustyShackleford

Ranger
Verified SOF
I'm curious if anyone did any sort of Mountaineering or Rock & Ice climbing course using their GI Bill. I graduate with my Applied Math degree in the spring, but I'll still have some GI Bill left over. I was thinking of doing a course through the International Wilderness Leadership School. Hell, they offer a semester long course (80 days) in Patagonia covering Mountaineering, Sea Kayaking, and Backpacking.

40 day mountaineering course in Nepal? 24 day mountaineering and sea kayaking course in Alaska? Wilderness EMT certs?

http://iwls.com/registration/financial-aid

Just seeing what I can blow the rest of my GI Bill money on. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations!
I don't see why you couldn't. Hell, they paid me for the year I was on probation with my current employer and still had enough to finish a BA. After rolling over to the post 9/11, I have about two semesters worth left.

Hillclimb

Raider
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
any NC climbers? Have been doing a lot of indoor climbing since August, and am looking to transition to outdoor climbing after a few guided climbs