• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Canadian elite special forces sniper sets record-breaking kill shot in Iraq

I can't even wrap my head around that... the shot was over 2 miles away and took nearly friggin' 10 seconds?! Was the target asleep or something? How was the target stationary for so long or how did he anticipate it's location. 10 secs (or less) is an eternity. Dammmmnnnn!

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Fired a shot... ten seconds later it hit a dude, who may or may not have been the person targeted. Totally counting it!

DasBoot

Ranger
Verified SOF
"I mean I was aiming for the one on the left... guess I'll settle for the one on the right." That's fucking metal

Fired a shot... ten seconds later it hit a dude, who may or may not have been the person targeted. Totally counting it!
DasBoot said:
"I mean I was aiming for the one on the left... guess I'll settle for the one on the right." That's fucking metal
So, are you guys saying he basically just lobbed a round into a group or column of dudes and took whoever it hit as opposed to hitting a specific target?

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
So, are you guys saying he basically just lobbed a round into a group or column of dudes and took whoever it hit as opposed to hitting a specific target?
Actually I was talking about myself. If I were to fire anything that far and it hit something, I'd count it.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Even hitting someone in a group at that distance is impressive. 3450m is greater than the takeoff run of a fully loaded 747.

Bob Lee Swagger is impressed:
"You know what it takes to make a shot at that range? Everything comes into play that far, humidity, elevation, temperature, wind, spindrift. There's a 6 to 10-second flight time so you have to shoot at where the target's going to be. Even the Coriolis effect, the spin of the Earth, comes into play."

;-) :D