Chief Eddie Gallagher case

Seishin

Verified Military
I'll never understand how he can refer to them as cowards when they are basically confronting him. I guess to each their own....

Cookie_

SOF Support
Fuck him and whatever grifting dickheads are enabling this shit. Highlighting your fellow SEALs, including one currently at a SMU, is some absolute psycho behavior.
There's a whole bunch of comments supporting it because "Those guys became public during the trial".
Screenshot_20200128-114656_Instagram.jpg

Butthead

Unverified
If Eddie hasn't become PNG yet, he's sure trying to.
Fuck this dude.

‘Cowards’ — Eddie Gallagher strikes back at the SEALs who testified against him
I can't say I've done anything close to some of the shit Eddie has done in his career.
However, fuck this dude. It is sickening that he is not only doing some shit like this to try and ostracize people who had the balls to come forward about some of the bad shit he was doing, but now those people's lives and their families lives are in jeopardy now because of it.

Never in my life or in the history of ever have I seen somebody get away with essentially murder and war crimes to CONTINUE to bring attention to themselves and make themselves look like more of an egotistical maniac. Somebody tell this dude to write a book, and move on.

After this he deserves to be thrown in Leavenworth in solitary confinement and to disappear.

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
I keep waiting for him to take his OJ Simpson levels of legal fortune and slide on out of the spot light. Doesn't seem to be his M.O. though. He is a living embodiment of the worst Navy SEAL cultural stereotypes at a time when NSW is trying hard to avoid the spotlight after a string of salacious special warfare scandals. Hey whatever it takes to sell a T shirt right?

Kaldak

Wheelchair Kamikaze
If he outed a member of a SMU, it's that some sort of violation of a security clearance? Or some other infraction? I know NSW doesn't enforce NDAs.

ATC87

Verified Military
I couldn't help but read more comments on social media platforms and it's disheartening how many people are siding with Eddie out of pure ignorance.

Seishin

Verified Military
Don't be disheartened, Brother, @ATC87. That is usually the case with many investigations. Often times, only those personally involved know "all" the pertinent information. The rest of us have to use the preponderance of evidence -- that we are aware of. Those of us here are usually "more aware" than the average person because we put effort into studying and vetting the information we take in. Many just get their news from FB and base their decisions on that and stick to it.

Ooh-Rah

Marine
And....another one bites the dust.

Navy Admiral Who Clashed With Trump Over Disciplining SEAL to Retire

THE COMMANDER OF the Navy SEALs who found himself at odds with President Donald Trump over disciplining a notorious member of his force has informed the Navy that he will step down a year early, according to three people familiar with the decision.

Rear Adm. Collin Green, commander of the Naval Special Warfare Command, will leave his post in September, two of the people familiar with his decision said.

Green was widely viewed as a reformer who was willing to hold his command accountable. His departure follows two years during which he sought to repair the vaunted military unit’s image after a slew of criminal charges against SEALs, including war crimes, murder, drug use, and sexual assault. Green had publicly told his force that the SEALs had a “problem” and that some members of the unit were “ethically misaligned.”

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
And....another one bites the dust.

Navy Admiral Who Clashed With Trump Over Disciplining SEAL to Retire

THE COMMANDER OF the Navy SEALs who found himself at odds with President Donald Trump over disciplining a notorious member of his force has informed the Navy that he will step down a year early, according to three people familiar with the decision.

Rear Adm. Collin Green, commander of the Naval Special Warfare Command, will leave his post in September, two of the people familiar with his decision said.

Green was widely viewed as a reformer who was willing to hold his command accountable. His departure follows two years during which he sought to repair the vaunted military unit’s image after a slew of criminal charges against SEALs, including war crimes, murder, drug use, and sexual assault. Green had publicly told his force that the SEALs had a “problem” and that some members of the unit were “ethically misaligned.”
he should know which battles to pick, and which to ignore.
Picking a fight with (any) POTUS is a losing game.
Book's out in 8 months.

DasBoot

Ranger
Verified SOF
In my continued effort to give the NSW boys credit when it’s due- I respect Admiral Green for making an effort to right his ship. Retiring (really resigning) is probably the only real means of protest he feels like he has left after POTUS undercut him so publicly. He would have zero career progression. Next 3 star slot for him would be JSOC and that won’t be going to a SEAL for the foreseeable future. Only other two 3 star slots I could think of for career progression are the Vice and Deputy Commander slots at HQUSSOCOM. And he ain’t getting those approved after all this. So he’s stuck.

BloodStripe

Marine
SOF Support
SSMP
Military Mentor
In my continued effort to give the NSW boys credit when it’s due- I respect Admiral Green for making an effort to right his ship. Retiring (really resigning) is probably the only real means of protest he feels like he has left after POTUS undercut him so publicly. He would have zero career progression. Next 3 star slot for him would be JSOC and that won’t be going to a SEAL for the foreseeable future. Only other two 3 star slots I could think of for career progression are the Vice and Deputy Commander slots at HQUSSOCOM. And he ain’t getting those approved after all this. So he’s stuck.
He just put on his second star in 2017. There's 2 star billets he theoretically could have filled in multiple commands.

Kraut783

SOF Support
Gallagher is on 60 mins tonight....

(edit) it was meh, focused on the murder charge itself and bad handling by NCIS. One thing brought up was the search warrant on the house, NCIS conducted the search warrant with a tactical team, only people home were the two sons. Pretty hard hit on a target where the suspect is in custody, and knowing the only people living there are a wife and two sons.

Clown shoes....

Last edited:

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Gallagher is on 60 mins tonight....

(edite) it was meh, focused on the murder charge itself and bad handling by NCIS. One thing brought up was the search warrant on the house, NCIS conducted the search warrant with a tactical team, only people home were the two sons. Pretty hard hit on a target where the suspect is in custody, and knowing the only people living there are a wife and two sons.

Clown shoes....
Honestly, that is fucked up.