• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Contour Camera Goes Out of Business

RustyShackleford

Ranger
Verified SOF
Interesting . I've seen as many Contours out there as GoPros. I actually have a GoPro (courtesy of an operation that we participated in) but cost and profile make the Contour a good alternative.

This really does suck. I really liked their products but didn't hear any glowing comments about their customer service. I see the "action cam" space getting a lot more competitive though, with "real" camera manufacturers. I'm a little surprised that someone larger didn't buy them up. Makes you wonder if there were "other" management issues, evidently one of the co-founders/CEO left earlier this year.

Last edited:

Arrow 4

Civil Affairs
Verified SOF
I used my Contour to capture the bow shot on my archery bull Elk hunt last year...pretty bitchin camera. I also trained with a SWAT team last week that was wanting to buy them.

Mac_NZ

Stitch Bitch
Verified Military
Sony actioncam is a decent alternative. I had a contour but it copped a sim round and that was all she wrote.

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
Do you think there would be a price drop/sale with them going out of business? Thats what I'm kind of hoping for before I buy one.

I'm a cheap bastard
Don't know; if they are good then the price may stay up as people snatch the remaining cameras up (200, plus 23 for a mount)

Coyote

Verified Military
Verified Military
Fuck, I was going to buy a Contour after going through this process of returning a THIRD in a row faulty POS GoPro. Looks like I gotta do more browsing.

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
Pulled my contour out of the box.
1st bitch; no instructions. You have to go on-line to get them. Hate to be some Joe at a COB with no access. Cheap move IMHO.

21C

Verified Military
Shit. Just as I was looking to upgrade my 1st gen contour. I really don't want to go down the GoPro route either...

pardus

Verified Military
Pulled my contour out of the box.
1st bitch; no instructions. You have to go on-line to get them. Hate to be some Joe at a COB with no access. Cheap move IMHO.
Mine is still sitting in it's box after 18mths or so. I tried to get it going once and gave up. Do you have the link for the instructions?