Corona Virus (Thanks China)

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
Ugh, masks. Don't get me started. There is an ID doc at UCSF that talks about masks, basically unless you have a N95 or better, it's not going to stop it....BUT, what it probably does, is blunt the 'dose' of the innoculate so if you do get it the effects are less severe.

Masks May Do More Than We Think (w/Dr. Monica Gandhi)

This is a theory I can get behind for mask usage. It makes more sense than the whole "it's not to protect you, it's to protect other's" BS.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
This page alone, page 136 of the thread, is enough reason to disbelieve every possible figure, statistic, belief, hypothesis, and wild ass dream about CV-19.

Sharks, reinfection, mask viability, mutation, and China...on one page alone.

The numbers are bullshit. However bad the virus is, or not, you're trusting a lie, you're buying into a story. Maybe you believe the right story, maybe not, that's for historians to decide.

I trust a cat more than I trust CV-19 "data".

Blizzard

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
More testimony to, what I believe, is a very understated mental health component to the virus response, particularly among young people:

On the mental health side, this is heartbreaking.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article246114855.html

Also, wait, borders should have been open and we shouldn't be in lockdown?

I am beyond confused.

Blizzard

The anecdotal examples are seemingly endless, which means at some point they're no longer anecdotal:
Military suicides up as much as 20% in COVID era

And then there's this gut-wrenching video (if your eyes don't well up watching this, you're not human):

To me, this is one of the critical issues of the moment. It's driving behavioral changes in numerous ways. It's my belief this is a much more serious issue than many are willing to acknowledge and this will have lasting impact long after the virus subsides.