Corona Virus (Thanks China)

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
I didn't think NZ took the right path @SpitfireV , but they've been doing really well so far which im happy about though surprised. I am for the Swedish model (but fuck Sweden).

We shall see, it's early days yet...

Yeah I'm happy it's worked but I have seen a lot of complacency myself from society (I'm doing COVID response at the moment) and even from a DHB (but I won't go into that publicly). I think it won't be until years after this has died down that best practice will get identified, which of course it won't mean much then :ROFLMAO: so hopefully it stays as it is. There was news today of the govt lying about something about it because, guess what, there was an election coming up.

digrar

custom user title
Verified Military
In the desert or Victoria, depending on the date
Covid has been my entire life this whole goddamn shitty fucking cuntface of a year.

I got home twice in June. Otherwise I've been interstate for 196 of the last 218 days.

Victoria has just opened up yesterday. I still can’t believe their Premier is popular.

Looking forward to the 3rd wave after Xmas New Years... Stretch this fucker out to 12 months away from home.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Unverified
Victoria has just opened up yesterday. I still can’t believe their Premier is popular.
Same here in Queensland, with the stupid petty fuck around games she is playing with the NSW government over the border closure whilst businesses are crumbling and livelihoods destroyed.

Election on Saturday, couldn’t tell you which way I think it could go.

CQB

Australian SOF
Verified SOF
Just under the radar in Victoria is that the top mob may be recalled to the commission of enquiry. The “l dunno, wasn’t be” excuse has been apparently exposed as an email has surfaced from a secretary with all the those who claim ignorance patched in to it. I hope they all lose their jobs for causing so much angst & economic vandalism.

Just caught the Vic govt. is going to set up another enquiry into their contact tracing failures. Bring it on!

Last edited:

Florida173

SOF Support
Europe has been sucking hard for the last couple of months. While I was in Germany just last month, Switzerland and Austria went on the no-go list, and Spain was soon following.

Ooh-Rah

Marine

Blizzard

So, none of us our experts on this virus, but turns out no one else is either. With that in mind, when do you think the bull of the hysteria/concern around the virus will subside and we restore normalcy?

A) Novermber 4
B) Within 6 months
C) Within 1 year
D) 1 to 5 years
E) 5+ years
F) Never

Devildoc

Verified Military
So, none of us our experts on this virus, but turns out no one else is either. With that in mind, when do you think the bull of the hysteria/concern around the virus will subside and we restore normalcy?

A) Novermber 4
B) Within 6 months
C) Within 1 year
D) 1 to 5 years
E) 5+ years
F) Never

It's hard to say, it depends on how soon they can field the vaccine. My guesstimate? Within a year, but probably no less than 6 months. Then we'll see a lot of lockdown start lifting because they'll have the vaccine out probably.

I am still perplexed at the mismatch between shutting down society and locking down the economy balanced against the virus with a 99% survival rate.

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military

A) Novermber 4
B) Within 6 months
C) Within 1 year
D) 1 to 5 years
E) 5+ years
F) Never
Truthfully I think that lies with the outcome of the elections. I won't say 4 Nov because I doubt we'll have a winner. But if Trump holds on, I think normalcy will happen before next summer. Call it April or May 2021. If Harris makes it in? Who knows.