• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cross Service

Mike Sullivan

Verified Military
Gents,
I'm an Osprey Crew Chief, and I recently heard a story about an old friend. Apparently he received orders to the 160th while still an active duty Marine. Is there any truth to this? If so, is this route still a possibility, can other services apply for a job with the 160th?

Last edited:
Gents,
I'm an Osprey Crew Chief, and I recently heard a story about an old friend. Apparently he received orders to the 160th while still an active duty Marine. Is there any truth to this? If so, is this route still a possibility, can other services apply for a job with the 160th?
That would be interesting. I don't know that the 160th even uses airframes that the USMC also flies.

Mike Sullivan

Verified Military
I don't believe that they do have any common aircraft, unless the 160th has some undisclosed aircraft. My guess is that, if his story is true, he would be retrained as either a chinook or blackhawk guy.

My guess is that this is not true. I was in the 160th for a little over 5 years. 160th is only Active Duty Army guys. I left a few years ago due to going to flight school though so maybe it's a freak opportunity but I'd be willing to bet my pay check that it's not true.