Doc

Docboats

SWCC
Verified SOF
I've read this a few times so far this morning. Makes me hate my desk and cubicle a little more every time.

Thanks for sharing

Muppet

Paratrooper
Verified Military
Wrong side of heaven, righteous side of hell
I've read this a few times so far this morning. Makes me hate my desk and cubicle a little more every time.

Thanks for sharing
Yea bro. I've been a paramedic for near 18 years, never felt the same out here as I did when I was in with the brothers. It is what it is. It's amazing. I got out in 1999. Most of these dudes I was a doc for still call me about retarded shit, sometimes, serious shit and I am like, dick head, see a doctor and they are like, doc, you are my doc, fucker. Melts my heart.....

M.

Grunt

Verified Military
It's always easy to tell when someone is writing from a 1st person view -- someone who has actually been there and done that -- and personally experienced the subject being written about.

Outstanding article! I still remember every "Doc" to this very day that was assigned to my platoon or team.

Devildoc

Verified Military
Very, very nice. If there ever a group of guys whom I simultaneously loved and loathed, cursed and blessed, it was my platoon. Almost to a man I told them they would die deployed, but at my hands because they would piss me off some much sometimes.

But those same fuckers, when I was down, or injured, or needed something, they'd line up to help.

Ocoka

Combined Action
Verified Military
@Muppet knows that my Doc from VN and I still give each other shit after all these years. But I love the dude. He should've got a medal... but...we know what he did. And he knows we know.

Last edited: