Eod Awareness

Komatz

Verified Military
I'm taking a online course for Eod & IED awareness. They claim that they can teach you who (as in what country) supplied the materials & some you can narrow down to some groups by the wiring. It's put on by the UN. I would like to expand on that. Does anyone know of a civilian company that teaches locate, disarm & disposal? I found one in England but I'd prefer not to have to stay overseas that long.

Ocoka

Combined Action
Verified Military
UXO Global had an IED technician course but I don't know how accredited it is.

You're talking about two things, bomb disposal and explosive forensics. One disarms, the other tries to put the pieces together after the blast. I'm paging @racing_kitty here because I know of no one who knows this subject better than her.

Komatz

Verified Military
Wanting to get back in the field & the UN has several teams that go to countries & clear fields so it's safe for children to play without having to worry if their going to go home at night. Countries go in & put them but when everything is over no one thinks about picking them back up. Then kids, women & animals fall prey to them. I just want to do something that helps & where I can feel like I made a difference. There's a company in the UK that is just starting up & is going to do similar things as well as work with the UK government to try to figure out who is supplying the explosives & who is teaching terrorist how to make them so the UK & the US can try to stop them. Also I'm going for my Bachelor degree in Homeland Security & felt that it would help with the job search.

Komatz

Verified Military
Thanks Ocoka. I figured it would be a good place to ask on here. Though someone would know. Please don't take me asking the wrong way. It's purely out of a sense of helping in the countries that the UN are trying to clear the fields. Enough kids have been hurt by them & enough of our troops also I just want to find away to help & feel like I accomplished something. Not looking for any glory or anything else. Brag bars don't mean a thing to me.