Glock 43X and Glock 48

DZ

Special Forces
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Hitting the shelves the day before the SHOT Show floor opens. Great timing.

I’m looking forward to handling them at the show. I like some of the changes, but that two-tone look is ghastly.
Agreed, hopefully they release them in all black in the future. I like the idea of a single stack G19.

MikeDelta

Military Police Soldier
Verified Military
Hmmmmm, like the 10+1 capacity of the 43x, the two tone is not for me though.

Have the G43 w/ Pearce mag extensions making for a 7+1 EDC. So, I don’t feel compelled to go out and grab the 43X; however, it’s slightly irritating that I purchased Glocks first single stack...

...Awwww heck, who am I kidding, another damn purchase is on the horizon...if they offer an all black option that is.

runninrunninrunnin

Unverified
When I bought my first handgun I tried a bunch of popular options. The G43 was A bit too small for me on the draw I felt like the grip was just way too short. Maybe the 43X or 48 will be my next gun. Although I just RMR’d my 19.}:-)

MikeDelta

Military Police Soldier
Verified Military
@policemedic Is the 43 your duty BUG, EDC (off duty) BUG or both?
@policemedic I ask because I’m considering just carrying my G17 in a Galco vertical shoulder holster, I wear dress jackets a lot. So, a shoulder rig is very comfortable and despite the 43 being a really great EDC, exclusively caring a waist carry weapon has its limitations and annoyances. Using the restroom is a hassle because the weapon needs to be removed from the waistband and potentially drawing while seated and stationary in a vehicle is also not a great scenario with a waist carry. Have you heard similar concerns from others?

policemedic

Verified SWAT
No one I work with uses a 43 as a primary handgun. It's not what it's designed for, in my view. Sure, Glock will market it to the EDC crowd because they want to sell pistols. But it's not a fighting pistol. Most of us at work use it as a BUG on/off-duty, and as a primary handgun in very limited/specific circumstances.

Shoulder holsters are comfy and convenient (especially in vehicles), but they come with a price tag--you're stuck wearing the jacket unless you're in a very permissive environment. For that reason and others, I carry either appendix or IWB at about 3:30. I'll use a tuckable holster/mag pouch if I need to wear a tucked shirt/suit and anticipate taking the jacket off if I don't want to ID myself with a badge next to the gun. Appendix works very well in a vehicle; I'd say it's faster than a shoulder rig.

MikeDelta

Military Police Soldier
Verified Military
No one I work with uses a 43 as a primary handgun. It's not what it's designed for, in my view. Sure, Glock will market it to the EDC crowd because they want to sell pistols. But it's not a fighting pistol. Most of us at work use it as a BUG on/off-duty, and as a primary handgun in very limited/specific circumstances.

Shoulder holsters are comfy and convenient (especially in vehicles), but they come with a price tag--you're stuck wearing the jacket unless you're in a very permissive environment. For that reason and others, I carry either appendix or IWB at about 3:30. I'll use a tuckable holster/mag pouch if I need to wear a tucked shirt/suit and anticipate taking the jacket off if I don't want to ID myself with a badge next to the gun. Appendix works very well in a vehicle; I'd say it's faster than a shoulder rig.
I’m able to anticipate my being in permissible environments, so shoulder rigs have worked. However, I feel the same way about the 43, it’s a BUG. I’ve never carried anything concealed larger than a Colt Defender, too heavy for my liking though. For these reasons I’m intrigued about a full sized IWB carry, what is your IWB weapon? I like my G17 but it seems like a lot of pistol for IWB.

I’m trying to avoid more holsters being added to the holster dustbin. So, thanks again for your input.

policemedic

Verified SWAT
Nine times out of ten, I carry a Glock 17 with a light or a 1911 Government Model with a light, each with two extra magazines. For example, I was in DC and Virginia yesterday, and DC has a ten round magazine limit so I wore the 1911. Ditto if I'm in NYC. I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks; no magazine limits but airline travel so it'll be a Glock. Around my town it depends on my fancy.

I used to wear my H&K HK45 a lot, but that was my duty gun at the time. We're now an all-Glock department, so the G17 wins.

MikeDelta

Military Police Soldier
Verified Military
Nine times out of ten, I carry a Glock 17 with a light or a 1911 Government Model with a light, each with two extra magazines. For example, I was in DC and Virginia yesterday, and DC has a ten round magazine limit so I wore the 1911. Ditto if I'm in NYC. I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks; no magazine limits but airline travel so it'll be a Glock. Around my town it depends on my fancy.

I used to wear my H&K HK45 a lot, but that was my duty gun at the time. We're now an all-Glock department, so the G17 wins.
Okay, thanks, and again the input is much appreciated. So now the IWB holster Easter egg hunt begins for me.

lindy

SOF Support
Played with a friends 43X, I really like it...feels good, shoots good. GT Dist offers a black slide cerakote version...blue label $399. I am resisting the purchase, since I have a 43 and love it.....but the evil demons are tempting me...damn you demons of Hell!!

so yeah, will be buying one pretty soon.....
Just how big is your current armory????

Kraut783

SOF Support
Not very, I end up flipping guns I don't use to fund other projects....currently just at;

Pistols: 4 (Glock 19 x2, Glock 43, SW Airweight .38)
Shotguns: 2 (Remington 870, Benelli Entry)
Rifles: 3 (LWRC M6, Colt 9mm, Modern Outfitters .300)

I don't hunt anymore and have passed on those types of firearms to daughter and family.

lindy

SOF Support
Not very, I end up flipping guns I don't use to fund other projects....currently just at;

Pistols: 4 (Glock 19 x2, Glock 43, SW Airweight .38)
Shotguns: 2 (Remington 870, Benelli Entry)
Rifles: 3 (LWRC M6, Colt 9mm, Modern Outfitters .300)

I don't hunt anymore and have passed on those types of firearms to daughter and family.
I LOVE LWRCs, built on MD’s Eastern Shore!