Home Gyms

RustyShackleford

Ranger
Verified SOF
Che
Interesting arm day equipment. Road bike curls, mountain bike curls, box curls, heavy bag curls.

I dig it. Must really shock the pythons.

This is more or less what I'm trying to get my hands on. I built a pullup bar and have rings, and have a road bike. Just waiting on a squat rack/kb/barbell and weights; then I'll build a deadlift platform.
Chest and arms...all day, everyday!

Forgot I have a set of rings hanging off the pull-up bar too.

SpongeBob*24

Verified Military
I'm also considering joining the home gym group later in the year. I'm trying to save up 3-4 grand to be able to spend. Thinking squat rack w/pullup and dip attachment, deadlift/oly platform, bumper plates, adjustable DB's and adjustable bench, power bar and oly bar. Maybe toss in a kettlebell or two. I'll miss cables though.
For around $100 from REI....you can put in A PJ worthy pulley system and utilize any dumbell or kettlebell in your inventory to make a serious cable workout:

2 x Carabiners $20
20200704_081222.jpg
2 x Pulleys $40
20200704_081318.jpg
1 x 8mm rope $20
20200704_081252.jpg
1 x Roll tubular nylon $20
20200704_081155.jpg

I think the weak point here is 12 Kilo Newton's...
So unless you anchor it to your ceiling fan.... you will probably break your soul before any of this gives out.

8-) :thumbsup:

SpongeBob*24

Verified Military
I honestly hadn't thought of that. Thank you for letting me know!
Sorry Buddy...bad dad joke.

I meant this cheap alternative will handle years of work and physics supports body parts giving up before any one component does. Mines over 3 years old, I don't throw down on those big weights like the cool kids but I do hit some reps. The only friction point is heat on the rope from high reps [see what I did there, dad joke Saturday].

Mount it to your ceiling if you can or one loop around a pull up bar or tree branch outside and you're in business. That's the purpose of the nylon, to be flexible with your set up. Good luck!!

Templar27A

Unverified
Sorry Buddy...bad dad joke.

I meant this cheap alternative will handle years of work and physics supports body parts giving up before any one component does. Mines over 3 years old, I don't throw down on those big weights like the cool kids but I do hit some reps. The only friction point is heat on the rope from high reps [see what I did there, dad joke Saturday].

Mount it to your ceiling if you can or one loop around a pull up bar or tree branch outside and you're in business. That's the purpose of the nylon, to be flexible with your set up. Good luck!!

I didn't want to quote the first post in its entirety lol. I understood what you were saying but I realize now that after quoting that in my response it could have come across as sarcastic.

To rephrase, I appreciate you showing me a lower cost alternative to an expensive cable tower, since I had not been able to conceive of a way that would allow me to not spend an additional few grand. Thanks, and I'll be on the lookout for the dad jokes next time.