Is the relationship between Enlisted men and Officers different in Special Forces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambat123

Unverified
I know that fraternization is strictly forbidden, but I feel like Special Operations Forces would maybe be closer in regards to Officer and Enlisted relationships. Not sure, so I came here. Is the relationship in Special Forces different than it is in, say, an infantry platoon?

Thanks for answering.

Sambat123

Unverified
I applogize for being unspecific. I know that it seems like I’m getting ahead of myself, but I was just curious about this. I specifically meant relationship in terms of friendship. I know that enlisted and officers will never have anything outside of a professional work relationship, but I figured that Special Forces platoons might be closer to their CO leading the platoon due to the high stress situations they are regularly in.

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
Dude, you just got told to focus on the 5m target.

As for friendship, work is work and play is play, I remain friends with several officers that I served with over the years, to include a Maj General who was my former Btn Cdr. Any time you are in a smaller unit such as a Platoon or a smaller detachment, relationships naturally become tighter due to the living and working conditions.

Furthermore, an Operational Detachment A (ODA) team is manned by primarly senior and staff non commissioned officers. Their 'relationship' with their team commander will not be like that of a private and a platoon leader or company commander.

Now focus on your school work.

Last edited:

Ocoka

Combined Action
Verified Military
Apologies for drifting way outside my lane, but I think the question is valid. Paging @Viper1 or @x SF med for the Group perspective.

FWIW, relationships between Marine NCO's and officers in my unit in combat were significantly relaxed. My team leader and my XO and I were on a first-name basis. Regardless, in both cases, the relationship was professional. There was never any degradation of authority, just a relaxation of formality.

I would assume that the bond in Special Forces is very close.

Last edited:

Sambat123

Unverified
Dude, you just got told to focus on the 5m target.

As for friendship, work is work and play is play, I remain friends with several officers that I served with over the years, to include a Maj General who was my former Btn Cdr. Any time you are in a smaller unit such as a Platoon or a smaller detachment, relationships naturally become tighter due to the living and working conditions.

Furthermore, an Operational Detachment A (ODA) team is manned by primarly senior and staff non commissioned officers. Their 'relationship' with their team commander will not be like that of a private and a platoon leader or company commander.

Now focus on your school work.
This question isn’t posed for my future potentially consisting of military service. This is literally just something that I was curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.