• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lone Survivor the Movie

Brian1/75

Ranger
Verified SOF
Huh, no shit. In '08, I'm guessing same location, but different platoon they put themselves on relaxed grooming standards. Long hair, beards, etc.

Brian1/75

Ranger
Verified SOF
Ha, I just started thinking about what would happen if one of our guys on relaxed decided to go for a mustache instead of a beard.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Ha, I just started thinking about what would happen if one of our guys on relaxed decided to go for a mustache instead of a beard.
I was attached in support of the Regiment in Afghanistan, a couple of the guys (in RRD?) couldn't grow beards so they had goatees. Until the Sergeant Major saw it. "Beards or clean-shaven."

L

Lycurgus

Depends on the location/mission, but yes normal SEAL Team members can be allowed relaxed grooming standards on certain deployments. It's more awesome when they allow you to grow it out before you even leave!! Guys were getting their ID cards re-done with full beards...lol

dknob

Ranger
Verified SOF
Who cares how tall he is or how short Mark is.

Accomplishments, attitude, demeanor, tactical proficiency, etc is what the film producers should be aiming for Wahlberg to portray accurately.