My Random TV Thread

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
The Right Stuff:

Liked it, didn't love it. It was 90% about the personalities of Glenn and Shepherd, with a little Cooper. Almost everyone else was background noise. They absolutely breezed through the medical clinic. I did like how they explored how new everything was, the tension with the sudden fame, the dump that Patrick AFB was. I hope the rest of the series/season explores the other astronauts.

Gene Krantz' autobio spent several paragraphs on Patrick alone and several pages on how half-assed NASA was back then.

Kaldak

Wheelchair Kamikaze
I just binged 3 seasons of Yellowstone.

The season 3 ending...holy sh*t, season 4 can't come soon enough.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
The Mandalorian is on fire, like "peaceful protest" kind of heat.

The Queen's Gambit is quite good. I'm halfway through and it is a pretty god story. You don't need to follow chess to enjoy it, but if you follow chess you will catch a few things here and there.

JedisonsDad

Verified SOF
I appreciate Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni so much for that ending. Imo they are the heart and soul of us Star Wars fans, in that business.
I think they’re doing a great job of telling a story for casual watchers, but an even better job throwing in all sorts of small throwbacks and Easter eggs that really top the cake for true fans that recognize them.

Gordus

I think they’re doing a great job of telling a story for casual watchers, but an even better job throwing in all sorts of small throwbacks and Easter eggs that really top the cake for true fans that recognize them.

I couldn't agree more.