New Army Fitness test @2020

Steve1839

SF
Verified SOF
"I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Some of the other, more mature and more experienced members here can tell you about the old 5 event pt test... which isn't much different than the new test. Horizontal ladder instead of leg ups, and shuttle run instead of the sled drag.
The events were the inverted (perverted) crawl, the run, dodge and jump (stumble), the bent leg sit-up, the horizontal ladder and the two-mile run...in my dad's day, the grenade throw (replaced by the horizontal ladder) and the low crawl (replaced by the perverted crawl) were events...around 1981, the five-event PT test was replaced by the three-event test as a way to eliminate maintaining/constructing facilities...some of the horizontal ladders were in pretty bad shape and the run, dodge and jump courses were falling apart...

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
So the Army is postponing the new physical fitness tests because of the Chinese coronavirus.

I'm just sayin', if they want to postpone it another... three years and two months--for no particular reason--that's be FINE with me.

ACFT rollout suspended until further notice over COVID-19 concerns

All ACFT diagnostic tests, which the entire force was supposed to take before it officially rolled out in the fall, are also suspended. The timeline for when the new test will officially arrive has not yet been issued.
My opinion remains the same...I have no idea why we're changing over to this and not just adding a CFT in addition.

Ooh-Rah

Marine
So the Army is postponing the new physical fitness tests because of the Chinese coronavirus.

I'm just sayin', if they want to postpone it another... three years and two months--for no particular reason--that's be FINE with me.

ACFT rollout suspended until further notice over COVID-19 concerns

All ACFT diagnostic tests, which the entire force was supposed to take before it officially rolled out in the fall, are also suspended. The timeline for when the new test will officially arrive has not yet been issued.
1585693462738.png

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
I like the meme but the ACFT has nothing to do with Army readiness because it’s not even in place yet. And I’ve felt plenty “ready” after 25 years and seven deployments without once having to throw a medicine back backwards over my head. The ACFT is stupid and unnecessary. it’s the “ACU” of physical fitness: it briefs well but it replaces, at great expense and annoyance of the force, something that was working perfectly well.

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military
I like the meme but the ACFT has nothing to do with Army readiness because it’s not even in place yet. And I’ve felt plenty “ready” after 25 years and seven deployments without once having to throw a medicine back backwards over my head. The ACFT is stupid and unnecessary. it’s the “ACU” of physical fitness: it briefs well but it replaces, at great expense and annoyance of the force, something that was working perfectly well.

That one leg tuck is still haunting you...

SpongeBob*24

Verified Military
I actually kind of like the dead lift.

HAHA!!! Lost in the internets. It was a joke Sir!

I found the 14 part playlist linked from the ARMY Site on the ACFT very fun to watch:
How to grade/review testing

The Hand Release Pushup takes some serious getting use to. Agree on earlier posts, its works things in your back that only scientists know exist.

The 3 RM Deadlift is and will always be my KRYPTONITE!!!! #skinnylegs4life

:ROFLMAO: O_o8-)