:-o

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Recently I was watching a documentary about the classic .45 Single Action Army. I think I want one of those, here is real life snippet of the weapon in use.
Notice the smooth action and the "one shot one kill" damage these rounds do.

81FO

FO 81MM Wpns. 3/23
Verified Military
@Red Flag 1, the topic got off of your initial post... just wanted to add this because from a "rural" perspective the .357 Magnum is very popular in & around my home range. Albeit in the configuration pictured below--

170292_01_lg_1.jpg
Smith & Wesson Model M&P R8 .357 Magnum 5" Barrel w/ Rail, SA/DA

pix322520024.jpg

Winchester Model 94 Trails End .357 Magnum 20" Octagon Barrel Walnut Tang Safety

One of my neighbors carries the above when he is out riding around checking his livestock / land. Another has a Rossi 94 in .357 Mag and Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Mag. If I can catch up with them I'll post some real world pictures instead of stock photos.

In recent years the .357 Magnum has seen a resurgence in the market hence the reason many manufacturers are producing rifle / carbines in that caliber.
6 Manufacturers Selling Lever-Action Rifles
It is adequate for hunting and home defense, and what many of my neighbors are switching to. The One-cartridge Hobby: .357 Magnum
Some of it would be based in nostalgia, but the bulk is based on experience or familiarity with the platform. The .357 Mag is a fast enough round for taking predators and terminal ballistics make it adequate for taking game i.e. whitetail deer. Plus the AR & AK don't fit in traditional saddle scabbards...