• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Picking Up an 18x contract in OSUT

TheKicker

Unverified
Howdy SS:

I've had some previous knee surgeries a long ass time ago that may or may not disqualify me from being able to sign with an 18x contract right out of the starting gate, as I can't get an airborne stamp with a med waiver (hoping that I don't need one). The next best choice I've been told is to pick up an 18x contract in BCT or AIT.

If I do have to go on this route, how do I go about it? Do I just ask my DI for 18x? Is there a certain place I go to volunteer? Are there qualifications that have to be met in BCT/AIT in order to pick one up? Put in Barney style, what's the process for picking up an 18x in BCT/AIT if I can't get it when I swear in?

Thank you for you time,
TheKicker

TheKicker

Unverified
I've used it both on here and on google, and I have yet to find how I would go about picking it up. If you could, I would greatly appreciate a push in the right direction. My searches have come up empty handed.

TLDR20

SF Medical Sergeant
Verified SOF
You volunteer man. It is pretty straight forward. Be a stud, volunteer, then don't quit.

An SF recruiter will come around in week 8 or 9. Just volunteer and sign up.