• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question about a rucking training program

baguba21

Unverified
Hello everyone,
My friend and wrestling coach at school helped me to design this ruck training program to get me in rucking shape before I leave for basics next year. Since we have so much time he made this into a 40 week training program. I was wondering if I could get some input on this program, I thought it might be way too much running to intake at that time. Does anyone have a better program I could use, or help me revise this so i can use it? It's on a google docs spreadsheet, I hope I am allowed to post this link:

Ranger Ruck Training Program

Kheenbish

Verified Military
So your friend and wrestling coach who aren't in the military, helped you design a plan for military training?

Ooh-Rah

Marine
LOL

A spreadsheet?

Does anyone have a better program I could use, or help me revise this so i can use it?
So developing a "rucking program" a year before bootcamp is the least of your worries. That said, this forum is a literal treasure trove of rucking conversations.

Take the weekend and read through all of the links in Post #2 of the thread I've linked below. You will get value from it.

Nutrition

baguba21

Unverified
So your friend and wrestling coach who aren't in the military, helped you design a plan for military training?
Meh figured I'd get a response like that, I didn't have anyone who was in the military or know anyone for that matter to get help on this. Gladly I found this forum tho.

LOL

A spreadsheet?

So developing a "rucking program" a year before bootcamp is the least of your worries. That said, this forum is a literal treasure trove of rucking conversations.

Take the weekend and read through all of the links in Post #2 of the thread I've linked below. You will get value from it.

Nutrition
Idk the reason I thought i'd do something like that is because I have an Option 40 and I wanted to be in shape before I left for basics. But thank you very much I will read through every single link there. I appreciate the help very much!

baguba21

Unverified
Right on, well I'd check out Soflete or military athlete. Both of those have great programs
Thank you! My recruiter suggested SOFLETE to me but quite frankly I don't have the money to spend on their training programs sadly. My recruiter is gonna ask his old Ranger buddies for help with getting me a good program. So I'm thinking that and everything that is available on this site will work out great!