• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question about uz contract

Reese007

Unverified
Greetings new here, my name is James I posted in introduction section of forum. I have a interest in pursuing the Recon route the only thing is that I’m 28 yrs old now and will be turning 29 this year in July, could I still possible get a UZ contract with a waiver? Lastly I do have about 50 college credits I’ve researched you can go in as a contract PFC, what’s the chances of reaching Lance Corporal after Bootcamp? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Reese,

1 - Have you spoken with a recruiter? That is always a good place to begin and information worth sharing in a post like this.
2 - Attention to detail is critical on this site; as well as any Selection you may go through. See my edits in your post above for rules of capitalization.
3 - I cannot help you with your grammar. It needs work....and is important.

Best of success to you!

NavyBuyer

Marine
Verified Military
There's a few ways to reach Lance Corporal after boot. First, graduate as Honor Grad. Or, you can get promoted via a meritorious promotion after you reach the fleet. Finally, you can get promoted by time in grade.

Reese007

Unverified
Excuse my grammar errors from earlier, that’s why I hate typing on a phone at times. Ok thanks sir and what’s the average age of someone who usually makes it through BRC?

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Excuse my grammar errors from earlier, that’s why I hate typing on a phone at times.
Okay I’m going to be a bit of a dick for a moment. Nearly all of us here post on this forum via our phones.

In fact my note above was typed on my phone, to include the modifications I made to your OP.

Being on your phone is no excuse for being careless.

1 - Have you spoken with a recruiter? That is always a good place to begin and information worth sharing in a post like this
I’m funny about having my questions ignored.

Reese007

Unverified
Okay I’m going to be a bit of a dick for a moment. Nearly all of us here post on this forum via our phones.

In fact my note above was typed on my phone, to include the modifications I made to your OP.

Being on your phone is no excuse for being careless.

I’m funny about having my questions ignored.
Ok

Hacksaw0621

Marine Recruiter
Verified Military
Yes you can get a HZ contract,but you have to ship to recruit training before your 29th birthday.