Question regarding starting as a Ranger

Discussion in 'Special Operations Discussion' started by Some Guy, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Unverified

So, I'll start this off with the archetypal "I hope I'm posting in the right area," thing, but this question would pretty much be for anyone who knows, so hopefully this is alright

Will I have any opportunities to volunteer for Rangers without an option 40 contract?

Going through the enlistment process, I didn't really know how the reservation system worked, so I had my MOS reserved, but apparently asked about airborne and option 40 too late. So, I couldn't get those on it when I went to MEPS, because it wasn't on the MOS reservation paperwork.

I'm aware there will most likely still be opportunities to volunteer for airborne in AIT, but will there be any chance to volunteer for Rangers without the option 40? Or will I just have to hope I can somehow get myself transferred in, which I hear is infamously difficult to do

2. jackmick

jackmick Unverified

• Like Like x 2
  3. jackmick

jackmick Unverified

These threads should also answer your question.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Some Guy

Some Guy Unverified

Alright, thanks

5. Red Flag 1

Red Flag 1 Cleared to pass gas, use big needles,& other stuff Moderating Staff

MOD Hat On: I appreciate that you have used the search function on this site. It does work and people should do their own research before asking questions. This is particularly true in SOF forums where one is expected to do his/her own research first. @ Some Guy, don't come here expecting to spoon fed answers. Read more, and post less.

@jackmick, I do appreciate the above. In the future, keep in mind that members who come to an SOF Forum with SOF questions, expect and deserve answers from "Verified SOF" site members. I know you meant well, but you are a high school student. In the future, stay in your own lane and let "Verified SOF "members answer SOF questions.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ooh-Rah

Ooh-Rah Marine Verified Military

Region:
    VI

@jackmick
    You quoted me from a completely different thread that had zero to do with this one. I would appreciate you not doing that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1