• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Recon Officer

Trooper99

Unverified
What is the best option to be a Recon Officer? I know they only come from 0203's and 0302's. I feel 0203 will be the quickest, but at the same time I hear it is completely broken. New Lt's completing the pipeline are no even sent to an infantry Unit most of the time. Again, from what I hear. I would honestly like to be an 0302, but I don't know how long I have to wait to apply for BRC. I still feel 0302 is the best option. What do you guys think? I appreciate the response guys!

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Post an intro as you agreed when you registered. Thread will be unlocked after you complete.

< unlocked >

Last edited:

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
0302 is your best bet. Some 0203s get lucky and get orders to a recon battalion out of ground intel officer course but some won’t even go to an infantry battalion. I work with several at my current command who ended up in artillery battalions (as the S2), a logistics battalion, or the Division G2.

Every 0302 will get a rifle platoon, which is a great foundation to build on for the rest of your career wherever you end up. You can request orders to a recon unit after that. It’s not hard to get a spot at BRC, but it’s a bit more difficult to graduate.