• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Requesting Entry Into US Army Special Forces Mentor Circle

Undertheice71

USAF
Verified Military
Hello SOF Mentors,

I am looking to enter into the US Army Special Forces Mentor Circle. I have made my Introduction and First Post. There are three main reasons I am looking for a mentor.

1.To help me find ways out of my comfort zone. I do my best to take myself out of my comfort zone on my own, but I believe a mentor would know of ways that I don't. I believe I have a good understanding of what my weaknesses are and I am willing to share if it is helpful.

2.To point me in the direction of the correct way to practice land navigation. I have been reading FM 3-25.26. I have a lensatic compass and protractor. I know my pace count. I have one small orienteering course near me. I have been doing my best to find a way to print out MGRS maps of the orienteering course, as well as other trails on which I ruck. My problem with these maps is that I cannot find a way to print those maps to scale. I've tried 1/25,000 , 1/50,000 and 1/100,000 , but when I put my protractor over it, the scale is always off. I would like guidance on how I can overcome this obstacle or to find out if this step is unnecessary at this point.

3.To refine my workout plan to make sure I am not doing too much of something that will not help me in SFAS, or not enough of something that would benefit me.

I fully understand that what it takes to make it through SFAS is either already inside me, or it's not. The only way to find out is to show up. I just want to do my best to prepare, which I should.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from a Mentor soon.