Royal Marines Commandos: New Mission and Uniform

Diddums

Unverified
New commando uniform for Royal Marines

"Elite commandos of the Royal Navy are undertaking a bold modernisation project – known as the Future Commando Force programme – which will overhaul the way world famous Green Berets operate around the globe. As part of this restructuring, Royal Marines will have a new uniform, fit for a new era of warfare, that is in-keeping with the maritime traditions of the corps, and also honours their commando forebears."

"Royal Marines commandant general major general Matt Holmes said: “The Vanguard Strike Company will lead and inform how the Royal Marines and Army Commandos will operate and fight in a dynamic, technological era of warfare.
“We envisage several of these networked sub-units persistently forward deployed around the globe, with an array of sophisticated enabling capabilities, to present dilemmas to adversaries whilst supporting partners.
“These will all be at high-readiness, as a capable forward contingency force at the core of the Royal Navy’s Littoral Response Groups.”

Kraut783

SOF Support
very cool....is it just me, or is the narrators voice the same guy from COD, Captain Price? Would be pretty cool connection.

Rabid Badger

Special Forces
Verified SOF
That longgun looks very similar to the one in my closet - minus the ACOG(EOTECH fiend). 8-) The Crye rocks everyday.

The Royal Marines have a long and storied similar honorable history alongside the USSF/OSS...We are and will forever be Brothers of the Sword.

(That knife is gold plated and weighs about 12lbs. It is truly a masterpiece. I'm honored to own it as it is a piece of history)