Seiko vs. Marathon

CallsignTIMBER

Sensor Operator
Verified Military
Fellas! I currently wear Casio Pathfinder and for formal occasions a Citizen Skyhawk. I have been looking really hard at the Seiko Marine Master Tuna and the Marathon GSAR but cannot decide on which one. Does anyone have any experience with these watches or have any opinions? Thanks!

I have a few Seiko divers...love them. But the Marathon is my favorite tool watch....really indestructible...kinda like the us government and the US seal on the metal band. If you can, see if you can handle each in person. But, between the two, you really can't go wrong.

Last edited:

CallsignTIMBER

Sensor Operator
Verified Military
Thanks for the info! I have heard plus a minus' about the automatic movement on the Marathon. Is it true that the time tends to drift quite a bit? I liked the fact that the seiko is quartz driven.

Quartz are always more accurate, but battery dependent. Autos are good and watch purist think it’s the only way, true mechanics. I like autos and know that the movement may be plus or minus over time, I don’t mind and just adjust every few weeks..

Ocoka

Combined Action
Verified Military
I had a beautiful Seiko. Bought it in Honolulu. Left it in the fucking shower in the Special Forces barracks at Ft. Sherman, Panama...so some Green Beret got a brand new free watch. Your Welcome.