SF Mentor - Online/South FL

Border

Unverified
I do not have much time left before i will be enlisting, figured i would try my chances and see if anyone wants to lend a hand for a week or two. Including however much time in DEP i have. I am physically very capable, the help i am looking for is more oriented towards signing my contract and the steps i should be talking once i am in, all the way to SFAS.

I have addressed some issues in previous post. Just to clarify i had some vision issues that prevented me from joining the USAF for Pararescue.

Vision is 20/20 - 20/30. Astigmatism of 3.25 in weaker eye. This will prevent me from signing 18X out of the gate, so i plan on going the 11 series route and picking up a contract once i am in. I have read a decent amount on this issue and it seems very straight forward, i am not sure why the Army would do such a thing. Seems like it is just more paperwork in the long run, but if it gets me to where i want to be.. so be it.

Thank you in advance for any help i receive :)

Feel free to PM me if interested.

Border

Unverified
Following up on my post here. Just "locked" in my 11x contract yesterday. Recruiter offered me an 11x/Option 40, to my surprise because i figured my eyesight waiver would have disqualified me from any sort of contract like options 40 or 18x. I asked if 18x was available and they told me it was not at the moment. I told them i would take the 11x minus the option40 because i believe i have read here that it might be harder to get out of that contract because its "rare". And get into an 18x while in OSUT. Of course i might have butchered some information here and twisted some words around but that is where i am at now.

I find tons of information all over these forums in the search function. I know questions like this have been answered here and there. But you have to understand that this contract is pretty huge for my life. So i just want to retouch on it and get a fresh confirmed answer for this specific situation because that will make me feel more comfortable going forward.

Do i stick with the 11x and go down to MEPs Thursday and sign it- go to Basic/OSUT and hope to get picked up for 18x with my high gt score and max PT score? Or since i qualified for 11x/option 40, hold out for 18x.

Also have 0$ bonus as of now, of course i am not in it for the money but if i could hold out for a confirmed spot at SFAS and maybe a little bonus.. why not.

Thanks guys, like i said i know this information is out there but i would really love a custom tailored response to my situation because it will really give me some peace of mind.

-Max

Border

Unverified
Adding onto this, if someone wants to just throw me a PM to discuss this instead of back in forth on this post. That would work as well, i just would love the information in one way or another.