• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SF Surgical Teams

ChaseZ33

Unverified
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone could share some general information about special operations surgical teams i.e. Airforce SOST and other service equivalents. Currently a civilian Flight / Critical Care Nurse that is interested in the military either in the near future as a Nurse or farther down the road as a CRNA. Have a few prior SF friends and like the idea of directly supporting that mission.

Physical requirements?
What does the pipeline consist of?
How long do most people spend in regular FSTs before moving up to SF?

Any info would be appreciated.

SOSTCRNA

SOF Medical
SOF Support
I am a CRNA and recently retired SOST and JMAU (JSOC) team member, 4 and 7 years respectively. Both teams have pipelines that constantly evolve and get harder and more selection, like if that makes sense. In SOST you can be a member as a Critical Care/ER RN but for JMAU it's CRNAs only. It is desirable to have a deployment with a "regular" unit before applying.

If you are thinking about CRNA school, do yourself a favor and consider the DOD programs. They are excellent schools and you get a paycheck while training and a DNP upon graduation.

I don't post much but I'm always happy to help anyone who is interested in a military career as a CRNA and/or SOST/JMAU. I absolutely loved my time with these units.

Ooh-Rah

Marine
I am a CRNA and recently retired SOST and JMAU (JSOC) team member, 4 and 7 years respectively. Both teams have pipelines that constantly evolve and get harder and more selection, like if that makes sense. In SOST you can be a member as a Critical Care/ER RN but for JMAU it's CRNAs only. It is desirable to have a deployment with a "regular" unit before applying.

If you are thinking about CRNA school, do yourself a favor and consider the DOD programs. They are excellent schools and you get a paycheck while training and a DNP upon graduation.

I don't post much but I'm always happy to help anyone who is interested in a military career as a CRNA and/or SOST/JMAU. I absolutely loved my time with these units.
Great post! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

SaintKP

Unverified

Mind if I send you a PM sir?