SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

Tmori72

Unverified
Finally talked to the recruiter and got the ball rolling on a TACP contract. I've got a PAST test Tuesday with not much confidence on passing it but it's worth taking it in the off chance I do well and can secure an earlier ship date. I'll update next time once I've secured a contract and ship date.

Pent

Unverified
Been a few months since my Intro post. Talked with a recruiter in December and signed an 11x Opt 40 contract in January. Shipped to Fort Benning January 29th, graduated OSUT last friday, and arrived at Pre-RASP this morning. I was in F Co 2-19 the company that rucked with the Rangers on the 12 mile. A few buddy's who didn't come in with Opt 40's and were planning on doing RASP later in their career jumped on the opportunity. We get to take leave Thursday until June 2 (something about us needing a "change of scenery"), its sounding like when we get back we're gonna be in Pre-RASP a while. 5-6 weeks until the next PFT so I'll give an update on PT then.

Lefty375

Ranger
Verified SOF
Been a few months since my Intro post. Talked with a recruiter in December and signed an 11x Opt 40 contract in January. Shipped to Fort Benning January 29th, graduated OSUT last friday, and arrived at Pre-RASP this morning. I was in F Co 2-19 the company that rucked with the Rangers on the 12 mile. A few buddy's who didn't come in with Opt 40's and were planning on doing RASP later in their career jumped on the opportunity. We get to take leave Thursday until June 2 (something about us needing a "change of scenery"), its sounding like when we get back we're gonna be in Pre-RASP a while. 5-6 weeks until the next PFT so I'll give an update on PT then.
Have fun standing outside on those rocks buddy. :ROFLMAO:

HoldenRP

Unverified
I spoke with a Army Recruiter last month about obtaining a 11X Option 40, only hiccup that could come up would be PRK Eye surgery. I received it August 2018.

Fast forward to last week, all my paperwork is submitted, I go to MEPS and everything goes well except for my vision. So, they schedule me for a eye consult. I attended that yesterday and saw 20/25 Left eye 20/30 right eye. Not exactly sure why but I now require a eye waiver, one of the recruiters explained it due too me not seeing 20/20 after my surgery.

Starting to think I may have to go the 11X route, be squared away, have a good PT score to obtain a Option 40 contract hopefully through OSUT. I’ll keep who ever reads this updated. Thanks

jw012308

Unverified
Hello all starting my journey to get back into the NG and get some type of shot at SFRE and then SFAS

I’m prior service got med boarded but have since recovered working out ect. I currently have a 70% VA disability rating for Back, tinnitus and PTSD if I have to I will waive them all pass all the physical and mental evals I need to so that I can follow my dream.

I have heard mixed info on getting in and am reaching out to both 20th and 19th now so we will see what they say. I’ve heard as long as someone is willing to do the leg work and get me my waivers and all that I have a chance if I pass it all and the school says ok. I do have an RE 3 on my DD214 but I know others who got in with the same thing similar injuries (which were the the same basically) so hoping I can find someone to help and I’ll do the leg work passing everything and getting rid of my VA rating if need be. I would waive either pay don’t even care if I get paid at all.

I pray this works out and I can get my shot sorry for the long post this site def has some good info.

thisisnotmyrealname

Unverified
First of all, cheers to all of you above me in this thread taking your steps. I gather, this is the place to share my progress with those who'll listen/read.

My eye is on ARNG SF, and I've gotten the ball rolling:
I had my initial meeting with my recruiter this past Monday, and took the ASVAB for the first time today. My recruiter said I scored a 93, but she had not yet looked closely at the individual subtest scores, but I'll receive those tomorrow when we meet. I'm hopeful I exceeded my goals. I'm 26, so the math sections required a bit of studying, as it had been a while since I'd done polynomials, equalities, or even basic long division.

There are a LOT of steps ahead of me, but I'm taking it task by task.

notevenaperson

Unverified
Been a while since I've been on this site. Enlisted in the army 11x, graduated OSUT not too long ago. I'm currently at airborne hold (picked up RASP during my cycle) my pt score isn't the best, I've only worked myself up to a 240 from my 124 that I had my first APFT, maxing my run and have an 80 on sit ups, lacking hard on push ups, but PTing every day and getting after it to fix my deficiencies. Those of you just lurking and reading, take the knowledge, and advice the service members on this site give to heart. It's gold.

Art Vandelay

Unverified
Just finished the land navigation portion of BRC. Overall very brutal. Looking forward to the rest of first phase with word on the street being we will be the first BRC class in a while to conduct SPIE operations which sounds extremely cool.

wp18

Unverified
Meps physical and swear in on Friday. I qualified and got a spot reserved for 18x this morning

Also completed the last two classes for my engineering degree. Just waiting on the diploma in the mail.

Failed hearing in my right ear twice at meps.I go back next week and now i have to get a surgery waiver.

HoldenRP

Unverified
Update - After being notified that a waiver was auto DQ, I called a friend of my Mom who was in the Army for quite a while and he talked to my recruiter. This ended up leading to my recruiter submitting a ETP, and I just received word today that it was approved. Now, it’s just a matter of obtaining the Option 40 in my contract.

Nopa

Unverified
Happy to post that this week I swore into the ARNG as a 35P w/ Farsi after about 13 months of trying to get my leg waiver through other branches . I ship out the start of next year and going to keep that PT up and get a head start on my language before I get down to DLI. Best of luck to anyone else going through waiver issues, sometimes it just takes patience, lots of googling and a solid recruiter. Don't give up after the first few DQs.

Fraggle15

Verified Military
Just got off the phone with the NG SF recruiter in my state, SFRE dates are set 24-27 October. More details to follow by end of July. Focused on controlling my preparation for the event.

MikeDelta

Military Police Soldier
Verified Military
Exciting stuff, keep after it! But try not to fall asleep ;)

Cody Randall

Verified Military
Got my SFAS dates. Very excited to get after it later this year. Kind of pissed Crocs don't count as shower shoes, though.
When are your dates? I just got mine as well. Super excited. Iv been chasing an opportunity like this for about 4 and a half years now.
Suggested tip for people joining the military with a special contract: Don't take a good opportunity for granted. Odds are you'll end up waiting a very long time for another shot.