SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

LimaPanther

Recon Marine
Verified SOF
Sometimes this happens because of the answers you gave on the written psych questionnaire or how you conducted yourself during training. Ask questions as to why and go from there.

DasBoot

Ranger
Verified SOF
Was informed this morning, that I’m a psych drop from Pre RASP. Pretty devastated if I’m being honest, didn’t think this would happen. I’ve never had a criminal offense or a traffic violation in my life.
Full disclosure, you are the first person I know to get dropped for the psych evaluation...

With that said- the kid who killed a hooker and shot up a bridge at 2/75 passed the psych evaluation so maybe we need to look at how effective that thing is...

Stay positive. Go to a regular Infantry unit, crush your early PT tests and immediately volunteer for Ranger school. Go and stay there as long as you need to get your tab, graduate, take the “free” slots for Airborne they offer to each graduating class, then go back to your unit and reassess whether you want to try RASP again or see how the big Army treats you.

HoldenRP

Unverified
Full disclosure, you are the first person I know to get dropped for the psych evaluation...

With that said- the kid who killed a hooker and shot up a bridge at 2/75 passed the psych evaluation so maybe we need to look at how effective that thing is...

Stay positive. Go to a regular Infantry unit, crush your early PT tests and immediately volunteer for Ranger school. Go and stay there as long as you need to get your tab, graduate, take the “free” slots for Airborne they offer to each graduating class, then go back to your unit and reassess whether you want to try RASP again or see how the big Army treats you.
I along with about 12 others were all simultaneously psych dropped, prior to that around 40 were dropped for not hitting Army standards on the class up PT test. So, I can imagine none of us were actually PT drops and just being told we were technically Psych drops. I scored a 260, at least good enough to stay but it is what it is. I’ve talked to staff duty about coming back and the process of doing so, I have orders to 2nd ID. I’m just going to go there and do the best I can, I want to come back as soon as I can to RASP. I was told I can officially return in 6 months but also that it’s not realistic to come back that quick.

DasBoot

Ranger
Verified SOF
I along with about 12 others were all simultaneously psych dropped, prior to that around 40 were dropped for not hitting Army standards on the class up PT test. So, I can imagine none of us were actually PT drops and just being told we were technically Psych drops. I scored a 260, at least good enough to stay but it is what it is. I’ve talked to staff duty about coming back and the process of doing so, I have orders to 2nd ID. I’m just going to go there and do the best I can, I want to come back as soon as I can to RASP. I was told I can officially return in 6 months but also that it’s not realistic to come back that quick.
Honestly it is realistic. Regiments recruiting hard these days- specifically from the big Army, NG and Reserves. Which in days past were low priority. I would say go to Lewis, go to school and by the time you’re back, you can start dropping a RASP packet again.

TheReap3r

Unverified
Honestly it is realistic. Regiments recruiting hard these days- specifically from the big Army, NG and Reserves. Which in days past were low priority. I would say go to Lewis, go to school and by the time you’re back, you can start dropping a RASP packet again.
That’s kind of discouraging if I left my job at 30 to work to become a 75th Ranger, then still didn’t get chosen for whatever reason.

Kaldak

Wheelchair Kamikaze
That’s kind of discouraging if I left my job at 30 to work to become a 75th Ranger, then still didn’t get chosen for whatever reason.
You never were entitled to anything in the military. You do your best and make the cut, or you don't. That's why SOF units have selection courses. Not everyone is fit for it.

If you really want it, work for it.

CupCake

Unverified
Officially 10 weeks out from A&S. I cobbled together a few programs to train, with the newest goal to get to 185 lbs. I got to about 200-205 and got complacent with the weight loss because my performance was improving. I'm at a point where my running speed is the only thing I'm not super confident in. My current times on everything:

Pullups: 24
3 mile 20:20
300 meter swim 8:00 flat (thanks scout swimmers)
12 mile ruck 2:25:00
5 mile run: 38:30

I'm shooting for a sub 19 minute PFT, MAYBE 30 pullups (stalling hard on these), a sub 35 minute 5 mile, and the 12 mile ruck in 2:15:00. 1 week out I retest and will post the new times here as a way to integrity check myself. I'm hoping with less dead weight everything will start coming together.

Rabid Badger

Special Forces
Verified SOF
You never were entitled to anything in the military. You do your best and make the cut, or you don't. That's why SOF units have selection courses. Not everyone is fit for it.

If you really want it, work for it.
Gotta go with K.
I mentored a friend of mine who was 33 and wanted wanted to fast-track GB due to age.
He was a College Grad Civil Engineer stud even at that age so I told him to Ranger Batt, volunteer for EVERY SCHOOL POSSIBLE as fast as possible.
He graduated basic as E-3 and at 1.5yrs TIS was CPL (P) with an EIB, Air Assault, Airborne School, Pathfinder, and was the RB Colonels driver. The Colonel wanted him to go to O.C.S. At 2yrs TIS he went to SFAS and smoked it.
3yrs on a SFODA and he disappeared into the Northern Army. This was mid-90's. He's retired now.

It's there if you want it.

EqualReaction

Unverified
I’ve been talking with an army recruiter, and he says that I need to get cleared by a civilian MD before he’ll send my paperwork up. I am hoping that my injuries which I was cleared from before leaving the Navy doesn’t affect me as it wasn’t the reason I got out. I originally came to this site with intentions of joining with an 18x, but with the help of this site, independent research, and talking with current members of Ranger Regiment, I’ve decided that I want to go to RASP for the chance to earn a spot in Ranger Regiment. If I can’t join with an option 40 then I’m going to join with an 11x contract and work my balls off to get a contract for RASP.

My current scores are:
90 push ups
90 sit ups
12:29 two mile
21 pull ups
5 mile: 36:28 (This is old. I feel like I could get near a 35 minute now, but will see next week.)
I’ve been adding rucking on my leg days and it is something that takes getting used to but it’s a good challenge.

I’ve got much to improve but I’m finally feeling like I’m seeing actual results, and thank God I’ve managed to remain injury free thus far as from minor annoyances .

Stretcher Jockey

Verified Military
Just found out today I was accepted to IDMT school and should start in the very near future. Excited to take this step and continue down my path. For any of the members in San Antonio, I'll have to buy you a round if these bars open up in the next few months.