SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

KOh1

Unverified
Wrapped up week 7 today. Passed the final PT test we took on Monday and spent the rest of the week blowing stuff up including some pretty cool non-standard charges. I find out my battalion on Wednesday and don the tan beret Friday.
I am incredibly inspired by your dedication, hoping to be there one day, too!

BUD/S, here we come, going to need to keep up with this thread more. Goldmine for constant motivation, love it. Awesome stuff.

KOh1

Unverified
I'm green now. :D last SITREP in this thread I think its time to let the other guys in here report in. The words of advice I can give is simple DON'T FUCKING QUIT. Every selection has a worldwide and I can assure you no matter how much pain you're in that worldwide relief is never worth it. I say this because you will walk past buddies of yours still in the course that see it through to the end just about everyday. It doesn't matter if the end goal is a scroll, tab, both, trident, or anything else quitting what you started is never worth it. If you sign the dotted line to do it, then fucking do it. It's harder than you think but not so hard that you can't do it.
Awesome brother, great fucking advice. Fired up to hell right now.

EqualReaction

Unverified
I got back from meps today. They barely had any jobs available simply because I’m prior service. They actually didn’t even have even 11x, but I got lucky and an officer from my recruiting area pulled some strings to get me an 11x. I leave in November, and I’m going to volunteer for RASP in OSUT. I’ve been keeping in touch with the Liaison at Benning to ensure highest rate of success.

Note to guys who are prior service: Don’t be shocked if you get up there and they only have like 3 job opportunities for you. I went up there today and they only had 19D, 12B and 13B. It’s extremely rare to get option 40s as prior service. If it wasn’t for an officer at my recruiting station then I wouldn’t have even gotten 11x. I’m not saying it’s going to be like this for everyone, but this COVID thing has really jammed everything up.