Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Holy. Shit. Everyone on here needs to go watch this right now. It’s terrifying and mind blowing and absolutely earth shattering.

I'm 45 minutes into this and it is...It confirms things I already expected, but makes them worse. Stanford knowingly running a class on how to use tech to influence a person's psychology...essentially to create legal drug addicts? The increase in self-inflicted harm caused by teens and pre-teens alongside social media use?

Holy shit...

amlove21

Pararescue
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
I'm 45 minutes into this and it is...It confirms things I already expected, but makes them worse. Stanford knowingly running a class on how to use tech to influence a person's psychology...essentially to create legal drug addicts? The increase in self-inflicted harm caused by teens and pre-teens alongside social media use?

Holy shit...
That documentary really changed my viewpoint on social media as a whole. Worth watching multiple times.

Blizzard

A lot of you might not find this entertaining but it's worth the watch. Finally a documentary that highlights the reality behind the tech industry and social media.

This was solid. Everyone should watch it. I believe what's discussed plays a big role in events we're seeing take place now. Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited:

Blizzard

That documentary really changed my viewpoint on social media as a whole. Worth watching multiple times.
Agreed. Particularly insightful hearing tech exec comments at the end in re: personal use by their families. I was never on FB and this helped reinforce that decision but it also made me rethink the other socials I am on...maybe I can do without them as well? . Does that make me a luddite?! 🤔

amlove21

Pararescue
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Agreed. Particularly insightful hearing tech exec comments at the end in re: personal use by their families. I was never on FB and this helped reinforce that decision but it also made me rethink the other socials I am on...maybe I can do without them as well? . Does that make me a luddite?! 🤔
The biggest/most impactful statement was from the dude with the dreads. I’ll paraphrase

“They’re not paying for a product; they’re paying trillions of dollars to change the way you thing and act imperceptibly to you, even 1%.”