Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
I watched Hobbs and Shaw today, @SpongeBob*24
1) Helen Mirren in a prison jumpsuit is still delicious.
2) Vanessa Kirby could make me forget the cost of losing 14 years' worth of contracting...
3) Statham and the Rock should just make movies TV shows, commercials, etc. together. Those two have a rapport on screen that is strong.
4) Not too fast, not too furious until the last 30 minutes and then Ho. Lee. Shit. They took all of the BS from prior movies and jammed that into the last 30.
5) Idris Elba is a straight pimp. "Black Superman"... nah you're an English Denzel. Just a badass.
6) The movie is so over the top stupid that you can't even be mad with all of the shenanigans.
7) Vanessa Kirby is HAWT!

Devildoc

Verified Military
I watched Hobbs and Shaw today, @SpongeBob*24
1) Helen Mirren in a prison jumpsuit is still delicious.
2) Vanessa Kirby could make me forget the cost of losing 14 years' worth of contracting...
3) Statham and the Rock should just make movies TV shows, commercials, etc. together. Those two have a rapport on screen that is strong.
4) Not too fast, not too furious until the last 30 minutes and then Ho. Lee. Shit. They took all of the BS from prior movies and jammed that into the last 30.
5) Idris Elba is a straight pimp. "Black Superman"... nah you're an English Denzel. Just a badass.
6) The movie is so over the top stupid that you can't even be mad with all of the shenanigans.
7) Vanessa Kirby is HAWT!
Vanessa Kirby was super hot in The Crown and that MI flick. Goodness gracious. Hot.

Jaknight

Unverified
My buddy R.J. had an 8-track tape player in his wall locker at F 2/6 at Lejeune, with a speaker mounted on the inside of both doors. On the weekends he'd open it up and wham: the Paranoid album. 8-) :thumbsup:
Nice

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
Last edited:

digrar

custom user title
Verified Military
In the desert or Victoria, depending on the date
The movie does have issues, some of them forgivable, some not, but it gets the point across.

I just re-watched it on the plane a couple of nights ago, being able to flick forward through the fictitious manufactured drama between Major Smith and Private Large made for a better movie, for mine.

Reactions: AWP

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
Watched The King on Netflix this morning and was impressed. Better than expected.

Also went to see the new Terminator movie, it was entertaining but overall, it was blah. Lots of action but as it seems to be the trend lately, the women dominating lead seemed pushy. Just make a fucking movie, don't care which Baskin Robin's flavour of gender is in it and make it fucking entertaining. Quit pushing your agenda's down our throats. I also started it in disappointment, originally went to see Joker but it was in the smallest room in the theatre and was already sold out.

Jaknight

Unverified
Watched The King on Netflix this morning and was impressed. Better than expected.

Also went to see the new Terminator movie, it was entertaining but overall, it was blah. Lots of action but as it seems to be the trend lately, the women dominating lead seemed pushy. Just make a fucking movie, don't care which Baskin Robin's flavour of gender is in it and make it fucking entertaining. Quit pushing your agenda's down our throats. I also started it in disappointment, originally went to see Joker but it was in the smallest room in the theatre and was already sold out.
Heard Dark Fate isn’t doing good in the Box Office I’m happy for that #ForJohn

DasBoot

Ranger
Verified SOF
Saw Joker, great film.
“The Lighthouse”- weird as fuck but still good. Probably the kind of movie that you have to watch again.
“zombie land: double tap”- solid sequel, lots of good call backs and the post credit scene with Bill Murray makes up for any other flaws.