Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
Mission of Honor on Netflix. It's about the Polish RAF Squadron during WW2. I knew about them but didn't realize they were led by a Canadian. It was a pretty good movie, not a blockbuster but good.

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Going to be interesting to see how the new Bond flick does at the box office. All I’ve read about it is how PC and post “me too” they’ve made it. No Bond Girls, he gets married (what?!?) and his new wife does not take his name, plus talk of Bond’s “toxic masculinity”.

Okay fine, I guess ‘they’ win. My hope though, is that it is slaughtered at the box office.

I’ll ‘quote myself’ later for this, but rest assured if it does tank, the unenlightened males living in their parents basement will be to blame; not that they made a shitty movie that is NOT James Bond.

Cunts.

Gordus

Identity politics and other incoherent dishonest agenda are forced into the realm of escapism of all things, and writers / producers / artists judged and harassed because their work of fiction wasn't "inclusive" enough. The maddening thing about it is that if those people made up something original and thoughtful I'd be actualy very supportive of that. But instead they do it out of spite and sexism-racism ( "white man bad" ), completly contradicting themselves, and ruin already established franchises and characters.

Sad.

I hope every project that does that, turns out to be a complete disaster.

Last edited:

JacktheShortKid2001

Unverified
That was beautiful. In loving memory, Dick "chowhound" summers, 101st Airborne, jumped on D-day behind enemy lines, lived to tell his tale, with shrapnel in his back till the day he died, never talked about the war, a purple heart, bronze star with a V for Valor, forever in our hearts. For all of those who sacrificed, we shall remember.

Ooh-Rah

Marine

Devildoc

Verified Military

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Maybe if she flashed more boob somebody would've showed up.

Or not.

Goddammit Ma, ain't that meatloaf done yet
The previews were brutal; like they were checking all the boxes of "girl power". Should have taken the cues from the last remake of Charlie's Angels with Lucy Lui, Drew Barrymore, and Cameron DIez. Those were actually fun to watch.

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
The previews were brutal; like they were checking all the boxes of "girl power". Should have taken the cues from the last remake of Charlie's Angels with Lucy Lui, Drew Barrymore, and Cameron DIez. Those were actually fun to watch.

And how long are you gonna milk an old 70's TV show? I mean, it's not Harry Potter, it's not LOTR (although Frodo was kinda like a girl). You want me to get off the couch and go see a girl action flick? Make one like Kill Bill or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or Mad Max Fury Road, or Rogue One, or The Hunger Games or Alien.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
What if people were tired of bad remakes of a remake of a series from the 70's, especially when the cast isn't that impressive? There's probably some unspoken pushback after the Ghostbusters remake fiasco. While that could maybe play into Banks' views, the GB remake sucked and I think fans are tired of bad remakes in general.