SWCC Selection & Training Advice.

Njordsson

Unverified
Hello!

I would like some advice on creating a training regime for SWCC. I have created a plan myself but am unsure if it will be best for what I would like to do. Any recommendations are appreciated. This is my current plan.
Will explain further with feedback.

Monday: Swim

Tuesday-Thursday: Weight training/ resistance training

Friday: Swim

Saturday & Sunday: Run/ cardio exercises

Ooh-Rah

Marine
@Njordsson -
I’m only asking because of your intro post and your comments about having issues in the delayed entry program for the Marine Corps.

Have you spoken to a Navy recruiter yet?

Njordsson

Unverified
@Njordsson -
I’m only asking because of your intro post and your comments about having issues in the delayed entry program for the Marine Corps.

Have you spoken to a Navy recruiter yet?
I have not spoken to a navy recruiter yet. I failed out of Marine DEP a few years back. I'm 23 now.

Arf

SWCC
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
You are going to be running a minimum of 16 miles 5 days a week during Selection. Get that mile and a half down to 9:30 and your 4 mile down to 28 minutes.

What does your swimming look like?

I put out a lot of info in my previous posts. I highly recommend looking through them. I will answer questions when I can but I’m in a bit of an intense period of training at the moment and I might be slow.

Njordsson

Unverified
Running is something I am going to devote a lot of time to. My swimming is basic level. It's been years since I've swam. I'm signing up for a new gym next week, it has a pool. I'll take some classes to correct my form and learn new strokes then work from there.

Arf

SWCC
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
We may not dive but we are serious “combat swimmers”. We not only spend a lot of time in the water, but we end up swimming with all of our gear on. Also, Ill just say, I passed out a couple of times during our breath holding evolutions.
Spend a lot of time in the water. Get good at treading. I don’t have time to post links to my other posts, but I go over a lot of swimming in my prior posts.

I plan on coming back to this thread and making a guide for some of these questions.

Njordsson

Unverified
We may not dive but we are serious “combat swimmers”. We not only spend a lot of time in the water, but we end up swimming with all of our gear on. Also, Ill just say, I passed out a couple of times during our breath holding evolutions.
Spend a lot of time in the water. Get good at treading. I don’t have time to post links to my other posts, but I go over a lot of swimming in my prior posts.

I plan on coming back to this thread and making a guide for some of these questions.
Thank you, I will check them out now. Train well.

Reactions: Arf